Anyone else see onlinebootycall.com ad during SpongeBob on Nickelodeon?!
razzafrats

Not sure if Nickelodeon is responsible or perhaps it was via FIOS but  I am extremely disappointed to have just watched an ad for onlinebootycall.com on Nickelodeon at approximately 7:45pm EST on 4/22/11.  If it matters I am in MD and subscribe to my cable via Verizon FIOS which is why I am here to share my concern. I am definitely letting Nickelodeon and Verizon know.  I understand some shows target teens but they have enough dangers to be concerned with and I do not agree that we need to market online dating sites on a kids channel especially during SpongeBob. How old do you have to be to watch Nickelodeon anymore? Now I am not only having to block adult sites, the adult networks, and things with grown up programming like Cinemax to protect my child but also potentially Nick.com and Nickelodeon?!  or if it is Verizon's fault I might as well not have the tv on for fear of what crazy ads will pop up during kids shows.  I hope the responsible party doesn't run anything worse at even more inappropriate hours during shows with even more sensitive viewers!  I am open to suggestions of where to investigate and report who is responsible for the programming as we can't possibly watch our kids all of the time but should have some networks and programs that we should feel comfortable allowing them to watch without added concern.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else see onlinebootycall.com ad during SpongeBob on Nickelodeon?!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have sent you a private message regarding this matter.

0 Likes
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

I have sent an e-mail to our group that handles ad insertions, to try and find out if this was run by Verizon or if it came down from the network. I will advise you of what I find out.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,

Peter C.

0 Likes
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hello again, the ad insertion group responded back to me, they have identified the ad in question and pulled future airings. They are also in the process if investigating how this ad passed through our filtering process, in order to ensure similar ads do not air where they do not belong. As the father of an 11 yr old and a 7 yr old that watch a lot of Nick programs, thank you for notifying us. If there is ever anything else we can do, we are here, on facebook at fans of fios and on twitter @verizonsupport.  

Thank you,

Peter C.

0 Likes