As The Username Implies Fios TV = A Step Back In Time....
FiosTV-Horrible

After switching over from Dtv two weeks ago here in Syracuse, NY, all I can say is BUMMER. At this point I would have much rather kept paying the extra $100.00 a month I saved by bundling to see the programming I want. No MSG-HD, which I knew going in, but was under the assumption from talking to the rep on the phone that Ranger games in HD would be carried via the Center Ice package. To my disappointment, not only is there no MSG-HD on Center Ice, but Center Ice only carries ONE!! HD broadcast an evening ??? Are you serious??? Please tell me this is some sick joke before I start spreading the word to my co-workers and friends to avoid Fios TV. Is there a problem with Verizon Fios carrying HD channels?? All I can say is wow, major, major disappointment. HD Sports packages and programming on Fios is like stepping back in time to the caveman era, what a regression I've made. Is it to late to cancel my Fios Tv and switch back after two weeks? Any and all help appreciated.  

0 Likes
Re: As The Username Implies Fios TV = A Step Back In Time....
Tested
Enthusiast - Level 3

Every complaint you have has been discussed on this board, and others, ad nauseum.   I have had FIOS for more than 3 years and love it.   I did a lot of research before I switched from Comcast.  If you did not, that is your fault.  I am sorry you don't like what you've got, but you should have done your own researched to know what you were getting before you switched.   

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@FiosTV-Horrible wrote:

After switching over from Dtv two weeks ago here in Syracuse, NY, all I can say is BUMMER. At this point I would have much rather kept paying the extra $100.00 a month I saved by bundling to see the programming I want. No MSG-HD, which I knew going in, but was under the assumption from talking to the rep on the phone that Ranger games in HD would be carried via the Center Ice package. To my disappointment, not only is there no MSG-HD on Center Ice, but Center Ice only carries ONE!! HD broadcast an evening ??? Are you serious??? Please tell me this is some sick joke before I start spreading the word to my co-workers and friends to avoid Fios TV. Is there a problem with Verizon Fios carrying HD channels?? All I can say is wow, major, major disappointment. HD Sports packages and programming on Fios is like stepping back in time to the caveman era, what a regression I've made. Is it to late to cancel my Fios Tv and switch back after two weeks? Any and all help appreciated.  

After agreeing to the Fios TV terms of service for the bundle you have 15 days to cancel, or you will be charged the early termination fee. If that programming was so important to you, perhaps more intense investigation should have been performed on your part. I love my fios tv but wish for a few other channels. But the trade off is better quality, no rain fade, and savings to boot.

Here is a link to the TOS that can be found through the link at the bottom of these web pages.

http://www22.verizon.com/terms/files/FiOS_TV_TOS.pdf

0 Likes
Maniac32
Enthusiast - Level 3

I switched from Directv the end of August.  I am soooo disappointed....  FIOS is a let down from Directv Programming, HD channels and free movies on demand.  I got suckered... by the FIOS marketing and one of my know-it-all relatives!!  I'm giving serious consideration to never speaking to him again!!!

FIOS is built for a younger... let me have convenience... crowd. They just want to come home... sit on their a... and have lame tv series/sows automatically pre-recorded so they can flip on tv and sit like a bunch of goobers to watch their favorite TV shows.

Bottom line is that FIOS cannot compete with Directv yet in programming. No contest!  Sure... better quality video and audio.  BUT, I want my choices and so much more HD.

Verizon isn't lying... they just don't tell you the whole story. Thousands of movies on Video on demand?  Sure... if have you got $2.99 - 5.99 ready to fork out every time you want to see a movie?  REALLY NOT VERY GOOD SELECTION OF FREE MOVIES!!!  

I am seriousl;y considering switching back... this weekend. Even if it costs me a few bucks....  I am very disappointed with FIOS and I won't be back...

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

I switched from ____________ .  I am soooo disappointed....  _______is a let down from _____________, HD channels and free movies on demand.  I got suckered... by the __________marketing and one of my know-it-all relatives!!  I'm giving serious consideration to never speaking to him again!!!

Bottom line is that ________ cannot compete with _________ yet in programming. No contest!  Sure... better quality video and audio.  BUT, I want my choices and so much more HD.

I am seriousl;y considering switching back... this weekend. Even if it costs me a few bucks....  I am very disappointed with ___________ and I won't be back...

Not saying that your not correct and I'm just re-using your post a little. but I blanked out the names of the companies.

Now you can put this on any companies site and fill in the blanks with the company of your choice and you will see the same thing on every company out there.

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@FiosTV-Horrible wrote:

#1. Cablevision will not sell the MSG-HG to any other provider.  Verizon and other companies have filed a lawsuit to try and get this. we are still waiting for the results

#2. Verizon would carry additional center ice programming in HD if it were available. Center ice only has one HD channel being sent to Verizon, so this is all they get.

#3. ANY game played at MSG in HD is ONLY carried by Cablevision. Cablevision will not make the HD broadcast available to anyone, even center ice.

Your problems are with Cablevisions monopoly. Verizon wants those channels, and so does every other cable provider for that matter. But Cablevision will not supply it. We have to wait and see if the FCC will force them to or not. In the mean time, there is nothing Verizon, or anyone else for that matter, can do right now.

0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

I use to have Directv and had nothing but problems with it. Every time it rained I lost the signal. The same thing happened with snow. Also, I would get snow or ice build up on the dish and lost the signal. I had to go on the roof to clean it off. I complained many times to directv and their only reply was that the dish needed to be readjusted and had me pay a monthly fee for that. I had the dish readjusted numerous time and nothing changed....... Directv runs adds saying that their signal is 99.9% reliable. What a bunch of crap that is! They will say anything to get you to sign up and if you try to quit you get socked with a hefty early termination charge! {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
trakster

Okay, where is this extra saving you keep talking about?  On DirecTV, I had the Premier service which had ALL the Premium channels,  which, with the HD package came to about $110.  With my "special" intro package with Verizon I'm paying $120 and no premium channels.  I don't see how you save any money with Verizon.  

0 Likes