Audio issue on FX SD (channel 53)
sneskid
Enthusiast - Level 2

This really needs to be reported to the super headend, but since we subscribers can't contact anyone at the super headend, I'm posting it here.

The right audio channel on FX SD, is lower than the left.  When I compensate by increasing the right side so that it is even with the left, I find that the right channel's phasing is actually reversed!

Most likely, this is caused by a wiring fault either at FX, or at Verizon's super headend.  Either way, it is happening BEFORE the audio even enters the MPEG stream. 

If anyone from Verizon reads this, please report it to your SHE enginners.  It should take them about two minutes (or less) to identify and fix this issue.

Thanks!

Re: Audio issue on FX SD (channel 53)
sneskid
Enthusiast - Level 2

*UPDATE*

I contacted FSC about this, and explaned the issue.  I also explained why it was not possible for my STB to cause this.

Without asking me though, they reinitialized my STB anyway.

The end result of course is,  not only is the problem on FX SD still there (I told them that it was not my STB!!), but now, ALL the settings on my STB are at defaults and all my favs are gone, too!

So frustrating.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
You should post advanced issues like this at the verizon direct forum. Those guys have access to the head end operators. The front line agents will always troubleshoot it like its a front line issue and only after they rule that out erl they call the head end.
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the twitter guys are decent for that too.

www.twitter.com/verizonsupport  

and

www.twitter.com/fiostv

0 Likes
sneskid
Enthusiast - Level 2
That's a good idea. Fortunately though, it seems someone actually believed me this time! They made some changes at the Headend, and it is fixed now!