Re: BBC America HD on FiOS?
glugglug
Enthusiast - Level 3

My CableCARD downloaded a new channel map today -- 40 new "channels", all named "Unknown".  They are in only 4 QAMs though (10 to a QAM), so can't possibly be HD.  I'm hoping this is a space now reserved to move SDs from other QAMs to to free up space for some more HDs.

Also, I think I pretty much verified the reason there is nothing above QAM 135 is because it would conflict with the MOCA networking.  I had a problem where a MoCA adapter was causing problems on FX HD, Travel HD and a few others.  It turns out the MoCA LAN between the Actiontec and the set top boxes (or in my case the adapter to get the network upstairs) is at the 3rd harmonic of the frequency for these channels so I need to add a low pass filter to get rid of the interference.  These low pass filters are built into the set top boxes for the same reason.  The MoCA connection between the Actiontec and the ONT is at only 1GHz instead of the 1150MHz used by default for the LAN, so the low pass filter they are using can't be too far above the in-use channels (Comedy Central HD is at 861MHz).  

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@glugglug wrote:

My CableCARD downloaded a new channel map today -- 40 new "channels", all named "Unknown".  They are in only 4 QAMs though (10 to a QAM), so can't possibly be HD.  I'm hoping this is a space now reserved to move SDs from other QAMs to to free up space for some more HDs.

Part of the screwup that caused many Verizon boxes to drop lots of channels off the favorite list, and recordings to be skipped.   Pretty sure no real channels were added or deleted.  Supposively corrected now.

Make sure your CableCARD downloaded another map with the right channels.  Check any series and other programs you have scheduled.

0 Likes
charliewatts
Contributor - Level 2

Part of the screwup that caused many Verizon boxes to drop lots of channels off the favorite list, and recordings to be skipped.   Pretty sure no real channels were added or deleted.  Supposively corrected now.

Thanks for posting that!!!!!

What a frustrating few days.  I had Showime HD shows that didn't record, local ABC shows, too.

Plus nearly 25% of my Favorites channels were wiped out, on all my boxes!

0 Likes
glugglug
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hah, using Windows Media Center with an InfiniTV 4, I had none of these issues...  Just the MoCA interfering with FX HD, Travel HD, Lifetime HD and a couple others.

0 Likes
glugglug
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see 5 new channels got added today:

I guess them getting rid of Funimation didn't last, heh.

Channel Name Modulation Frequency (kHz) Program EIA

ChannelNameModulationFrequency (kHz)ProgramEIA
134Bridges TVQAM256789000469123.469
260FunimationQAM256777000156121.156
634Smithsonian Channel HDQAM25611700065799.657
1470Game HDQAM25640500074454.744
1471Game HD 2QAM25640500061554.615

Somehow I have a hard time believing there could me more demand for Smithsonian HD than BBC America HD, DIY HD, or Cartoon HD.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@glugglug wrote:

I see 5 new channels got added today:

I guess them getting rid of Funimation didn't last, heh.

Channel Name Modulation Frequency (kHz) Program EIA

ChannelNameModulationFrequency (kHz)ProgramEIA
134Bridges TVQAM256789000469123.469
260FunimationQAM256777000156121.156
634Smithsonian Channel HDQAM25611700065799.657
1470Game HDQAM25640500074454.744
1471Game HD 2QAM25640500061554.615

Somehow I have a hard time believing there could me more demand for Smithsonian HD than BBC America HD, DIY HD, or Cartoon HD.

134 and 634 are the new locations of Smithsonian.  Not new just moved.

260 is now a VOD.

I don't see 1470 or 1471, but this is typically in the range of Sports events such as MLB and NHL.

Bridges and Funimation are still gone.

0 Likes
glugglug
Enthusiast - Level 3

The channel I can pick up with the CableCARD tuner on 260 is not an on-demand.

Looks like "Disney Junior" not funimation though:

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

When I checked earlier it was showing as VOD in the guide.  I hadn't actually tried tuning to it.  However its been announced that sometime on 3/22 they added Disney, jr at that slot.

0 Likes
rpfeirstein
Enthusiast - Level 3

But not one word from Verizon about the screw up to our boxes and how to fix the situation. Very Very poor customer relations. When my contract expires I just may switch back to TW (something I never thought I would say).

Richared

0 Likes
glugglug
Enthusiast - Level 3

5 more channels appeared in the map yesterday.  Matching them with the list on this site, they all appear to be part of the "La Conexion" Spanish package.  Still no BBC America HD.

0 Likes