BBC America HD on FiOS?
ThetaSigma
Enthusiast - Level 1
I heard that BBC America HD is launching in mid-July. Does anyone know if FiOS is going to pick that channel up?
Re: BBC America HD on FiOS?
Trezl
Enthusiast - Level 1

It looks like some great Sci-Fi shows are going to be on that week too (I'm a big Torchwood and Doctor Who fan!).  Would love to be able to watch them in HD.

Does Verizon say anything ahead of time on this stuff?  Anyone seen an official statement?

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Trezl wrote:

It looks like some great Sci-Fi shows are going to be on that week too (I'm a big Torchwood and Doctor Who fan!).  Would love to be able to watch them in HD.

Generally Verizon is very tight lipped about any channel additions.

In the past, Universal HD has carried Torchwood (several weeks delayed from BBC)  and Sci-Fi HD has carried Doctor Who (again delayed from BBC).  Don't know if that is going to happen with the current round of new releases.

Message Edited by Keyboards on 06-05-2009 02:59 PM
Trezl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, I've been watching news closely.  BBCA is the only network to announce them at this time.

Torchwood on HDNET last year was gorgeous though.  Great HD show.

Figured I'd check though.  Thanks for the heads up!

BritishTVfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any way we can encourage Verizon to add BBC America HD on its launch date?

Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@BritishTVfan wrote:

Is there any way we can encourage Verizon to add BBC America HD on its launch date?

No.  We have had a campaign to get NASA TV forever and still it is not on the list.  They will add what they add when they add it Smiley Sad

psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

British-

A tip i was given is that if you log into to the FIOS TV Central website - you'll see a "Send Feedback" button. You can use that to request channels.. 

jonahlee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have a link for that?

BBC HD is the channel I most want on my FIOS, so I can see the new Doctor Who Episodes in HD!

jonahlee
Enthusiast - Level 3
I found that Feedback link, but it does not have anything for a Channel Request, except just other. Seems like there should be a place to request a new channel, Time Warner Cable had one.
jtarheel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I offer up my vote for BBC-Am HD.  (Just in case someone from the programming dept is reading this forum.)

BBC-Am is supposed to start broadcasting in HD July 20th.  

I also looked at that Feedback link.  Most of them require Call or Chat.   Why have the electronic mail system if there is only voice and chat?  ACK!

I would think that everyone would want the NASA TV channel, at least I would.