Switch Account

BBC America HD on FiOS?

BBC America HD on FiOS?

Contributor Alex870
Contributor
Message 111 of 117
(1,492 Views)

Shock...Channel 689 - showing color bars today, but it's named in the guide: BBC America HD.  Can't wait for Top Gear etc.

Contributor iguru42
Contributor
Message 112 of 117
(1,283 Views)

BBCAHD is working for me in Massachusetts now.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 113 of 117
(1,281 Views)

Yea, works in LA. TIVO'ed Copper in HD. Finally! Wish they had done this years ago when it was first released in HD!

Contributor dkohrman
Contributor
Message 114 of 117
(998 Views)

Yes ... amazing ... so many good shows .... Verizon Fios seems LAME without BBC America!

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 115 of 117
(972 Views)

@dkohrman wrote:

Yes ... amazing ... so many good shows .... Verizon Fios seems LAME without BBC America!

Don't know what your complaint is as Verizon has BBC-America in both SD and HD (189 and 689).

Unfortunately their VOD selestion for them seems to be only in SD Smiley Sad

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor Cardis
Contributor
Message 116 of 117
(894 Views)

I just chatted with a rep. He informed me that BBCA is not available on Prime, but could not give me a reason or resolution. His only alternative was to go to a lower tear and lose syfy and other channels I like, or go up a tier for almost 20$ more just for one channel. I think this is either a huge over site on the part of Verizon or a gimmick to get you to raise your package tier. I am not interested in 30 sports channels I have. I barely watch the premium channels I pay for, they are just for the shows. I find it unbelievable that I cannot get SYFY and BBCA on the same package for less than $105? There is only one tier that does not offer it? Come on Verizon.

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 117 of 117
(877 Views)

Every other video provider has packages like this too, so it would be the same anywhere else. Maybe someday providers will offer individual channel subscriptions, but that would probably cost at least $10 a channel. Who knows, but this is the way of multichannel video right now.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.