BBC America on Demand
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

On Wednesday the last episode of The Hour was on--Part 6.  I set recorder for the 1am episode.  Whether Verizon guide screwed up or BBC America, I ended up with two recordings of The Hour.  One started at 11pm, was 14 minutes and was not The Hour.  The other one started at 1am, was 45 minutes long and started half way through the episode.  Ok-- thought I could watch it On Demand, but Part 6 is not even there yet.  It only goes up to 5.  Why doesn't Verizon put it on demand as soon as it has aired?

0 Likes
Re: BBC America on Demand
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We load the content to the VOD servers when it is provided to us. I apologize for the delay.

0 Likes
Bilbo4
Comcast has been showing episode 6 for days. Why hasn't FIOS received it.
0 Likes
JimDee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it is now Sept. 30 and still no episode 6 for The Hour On Demand. It seems to be available on other providers, and on the BBC America website it is listed as being available.  So what's up? I also had trouble recording it when it originally aired and am anxious to see it asap.  Help.

0 Likes
Stavros2

It is now October 1, and I, too, have been waiting impatiently for Episode 6 to show up On Demand, where it is supposed to be.  I am hoping a Verizon representative will post again with some sort of helpful information on this topic, rather than simply repeat that Verizon posts video content when it is received.  That is the unhelpful response I have received in the past when things have not appeared On Demand as expected.  But surely there is something that Verizon can do about such issues when brought to its attention.  If Verizon really hasn't received the episode from BBC America, and folks are complaining about it, then why can't Verizon contact BBC America about it?

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

That is pretty weird that Verion screwed up Episode 6 when it aired, and now cannot seem to find it to post On Demand.  I have emailed customer service 3 times, and all I get is robo-answers that make no sense whatsoever. 

I've now also emailed BBC America--maybe they will care.  But if it is as frustrating for other companies to deal with Verizon as it is for their customers, I don't have much hope for that.

0 Likes
LW
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's another thread about this topic, and over there I mentioned that the same type of thing is happening with Law & Order: UK on BBC America. It's sad, really...this should be so easy to do in a global communications environment.

0 Likes