BIG TEN NETWORK
RVD
Why am I having to watch the Ohio State game when I live in Indiana?  Why doesn't VERIZON FIOS have overflow channels like comcast?  This stinks
0 Likes
Re: BIG TEN NETWORK
psufan

Good question! I live in Pennsylvania (not Ohio). We are looking at the Ohio State feed on the BigTen Network. Why couldn't Verizon take the trouble to give us Penn State football. A few days ago the guide showed that the Penn State game (such as it is) would be shown here. 

0 Likes
goducks

I can tell that getting alternate and/or local HD feeds of football is going to be my biggest complaint about making the switch to FIOS.  Had Dish last year and the various Big Ten Network HD games were shown side by side on channels which was great for my wife (a PSU grad) all the way out here in Oregon.  

The other issue that sucks for us is a big local rivalry game tonight (UofO vs UofW)and literally all othe subscribers (Dish/DirectTV/Comcast) made efforts to get the FSN HD version while we have the grainy, crappy FSN SD version with Verizon.  They have not yet added any local HD sports and have none of the alternate channel options that Dish had.  So it's great getting this better picture quality, but not much use to have the "best picture in HD" if they do not get the content that people will actually want to see on a local level.

0 Likes
ML

Verizon has made the decision to offer only the 'primary' game each week, instead of access to all games via overflow channels.

Big Ten fans of the world, unite!

0 Likes
Tmac83

This is ridiculous. I switched to FIOS before BTN has contracts with Comcast and FIOS, and when I heard FIOS made a deal with BTN I was happy because I figured they would carry spillover games given their supposed commitment to bringing the best package out there. So much for that, if they are not going to carry spillover channels I am going back to Comcast. I am a Hawkeye fans which means we will never be the game of the week in the Philly area. They have the room and the resources to bring spillover games and they won't, which is poor service. I am so frustrated. On top of all that they couldn't even bring the games to start out the season. 

TC 

0 Likes
psufan
I wanted to voice my discontent, but the LIVE CHAT option only appears to connect with a computer, which does no provide a relevant or coherent response - it was totally useless. I also tried email, but it promised an automated response only. I tried anyway and did receive an automated response. Someone at Verizon apparently feels that subscribers are idiots. The automated response directed me to further FAQs or online tutorials. I tried the telephone, but after numerous menu branches and automated attempts to help, never offering an option dealing with my complaint, I was put on hold; annoyed, I gave up five minutes later. The remaining avenue is snail mail that is likely to be ignored, but I will give that a shot, too.
0 Likes
Tmac83
I am sorry, I would be livid if I was back in Iowa and they showed ONLY the Ohio State game or any other game. I believe that in all Big Ten states you should be able to see all the Big Ten games and at the very very very least the team that resides in your own state. I realize I am a minority being an Iowa fan and living in PA, but if you are going to provide a channel to your customers you should provide ALL of what that channel has to offer. Verizon needs to step up to the plate if they want to be the nation's largest cable provider one day by providing their customers with top support, and top content. I have called 4 TIMES about when I would begin to receive BTN and have gotten a different or no answer every time. The customer service employes KNOW NOTHING. They need to start listening to their customers and provide full services, not half-ass efforts. 
0 Likes
RVD

I am more worried about basketball season.  Sounds like we are going to get screwed there too if there are more than one game at once.

0 Likes
ML

I live in PA and got stuck with the Ohio State game.

The customer service rep at Verizon actually suggested that I find a friend with Comcast to go watch the Penn State game with!  When I responded that wasn't a good enough answer, he pointed me to this forum to voice my discontent.   Forums and letter writing sure beat waiting on hold 15 minutes for a non-answer.

0 Likes
Tmac83

Please sign the Petition 

0 Likes