Bait and Switch
GeneC1

I don't know where else to post this. I have tried chat and phoned and got the same crap back. When I signed up for service I was asked what channels I liked to watch. BBC America was the first one I mentioned. The sales person told me that Preferred HD would take care of my needs. So I dropped Cox and had Verizon was installed. When I turned on the TV to start getting to know the menu I tried to turn to BBC Am. No luck. Both chat and my call got me the same answer... that's in the next package up. That sounds like bait and switch to me. I left Cox to save a little money. If I go up one I'll be paying the same thing. If I was told the truth by the sales person I would not have gone thru all the trouble of switching servers. This is really bogus and any store that did something like that would be charged with bait and switch. Cox said that Verizon did crap like this and I didn't believe them. I have to think about filing a formal complaint with the Attorney Generals Offices.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we are now closing out this private support case. If you still need help, please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M

0 Likes
Asestria
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon lied to me on several occasions also. One of those occasions being that for 3yrs. I was paying for the multi-room DVR, thinking that was what the regular DVR was called also. I stated in many conersations with verizon associates that I only have one TV and none of them ever informed me that I was being charged extra for a multi-room dvr. It was only after having a conversation with someone who called to try and get me to renew my contract, did I learn I was being charged extra. I had to go through hell-n-highwaters to get reimbursed.

0 Likes