Re: Bein Sports dropped?????
Sjrichard
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely agree!

This is pathetic! Verizon is having negotiation problems with BEIN and instead of solving it, they make their customers suffer.

Just another example of a big company that has lost site of the meaning of the word “service” and forgotten the simple truth that the customer always comes first.

I’ve put up with their crappy service, convoluted plans, and constant price increases for over a decade, but this may be the final straw that pushes me to another provider. 

I mean, come on! BEIN is playing the top sports in the world - not carrying them is just not an option....unless you’re Verizon, I guess.

My mental picture of the Verizon board of directors is a bunch of grumpy old men sitting around grumbling that people should be watching baseball not soccer anyway. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was just reading an article about bein lawsuit against Comcast with FCC.

FCC turned them down. One of the reasons is Comcast stated they are concerned about bein's content. They have let an Italian soccer league contract go. And a number of US networks have started to sign contracts. Plus bein has very little US content.

So while I understand soccer fans are very passionate about their sport, its a business. And my perception is that the number of viewers is small compared to other sports channels. The fact that Verizon, along with other cable companies, have to pay a content provider for every subscriber that has access to a channel whether they watch or not, can make viewer ship a large part if channel placement.

I ask if anyone posting here has also mposted on bein social media to force them to settle as well. My guess is they have less incentive as I believe they also have a streaming service.

0 Likes
Nuri7990
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes we are paying for bein sports and it brings all the best leagues so without it I’m moving back to cox

0 Likes
Nuri7990
Enthusiast - Level 1

The community shield game is on at 10am wth now can’t watch it because y’all playing games 

0 Likes
Re: Can not find La Liga on beIN Sport's schedule of Next weekend(Aug. 17/18)
CoolSenator

Verizon cancelled contract with beIN .Money dispute. What are we to do...no Real Madrid...!!

0 Likes
Kalagure

woooooow, verizon dropped most popularchannel BeinSports. reason, i had all these channels is to watch BeinSport.....no i don't Verizon too.... they lost my business soon and cutoff verizon phone too which i don't use.

@RMK wrote:

Just in case anyone from Verizon is reading this: if bein sports is not back in a few days, I'm gone and you can kiss my ~$200 a month goodbye.

0 Likes
Ftsandoval66

I’m paying a lot more to be able to watch soccer games from Spain, Mexico, England , Italy, Netherlands etc etc I will drop Verizon if I don’t get my bein sports channel back 🤔

0 Likes
Gwm4344

Big fan of WTA tennis. Along with soccer fans, let’s get this resolved soon!

0 Likes
JaimeC1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've stuck with Verizon for over a decade for one reason:  beIN Sports.  They have the exclusive broadcasting deal for ALL of the motorcycle roadracing series that I watch:  MotoGP, World Superbike and MotoAmerica.  I went downstairs this morning to watch the Czech GP only to discover it wasn't recorded and the channel no longer showed up in the guide.  I had to do a quick Google search to find out what happened because Verizon NEVER informed me they were dropping the channel.  Just discovered that Optimum/Altice is carrying beIN Sports in my area, and they charge almost $100 LESS per month than I'm paying now.  I don't need gigabit internet speeds, 200mb is just fine.  Guess who I'm calling this week unless Verizon changes their mind pretty damned fast!!

JimFinHastings
Enthusiast - Level 1

You are definitely not the only one! I totally agree about the sudden, arbitrary dropping of beIN Sports. It appears that Verizon is willing to sacrifice its loyal soccer customers for what is clearly an extremely minor "hit" to their profits. I, for one, will drop my Fios service by September (start of Serie A, La Liga & Ligue 1 soccer seasons) if they continue to treat us as "unimportant" to their business.