Re: Bein Sports dropped?????
Mum2

I am with you.  No need for verizon without bein sports. All the shows I like are available on Hulu and other on demand sevices. 

0 Likes
Cinemax and now Bein.
shrike59

Very unhappy that Verizon is now charging seperately for Cinemax and now taking Bein away. It was bad enough when we lost the Weather Channel for the awful Verizon Weather. 

0 Likes
Onajetplane
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon doesn't get BeIn Sports back and soon, I'm switching to Cox as well. It's roughly half the reason I've put up with the absurdly high monthly charges for as long as I have, and without it, there's little reason to continue. Given what I and many others pony up each year, surely they can afford to pay BeIn Sports what they're worth. 

0 Likes
Onajetplane
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out in advance, and have done everything possible to try to get the Czech GP on Roku -- no dice, since -- even after subscribing -- they send you back to Verizon. They're trying to hit us for a $350 early termination fee (sadly, we renewed two weeks ago). If Verizon won't get BeIn back on the air and they make us pay it, I will never, ever come back.

0 Likes
Sifakas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Also started looking at alternatives. Looks like DirecTV now and FuboTV are alternative to watch FS1, FS2 and Bein sports.

0 Likes
Re: Bein Channel contact discussions
Cerrense
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!Man Mad

0 Likes
BeIn Sports not on the line up anymore??????
Cerrense
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fair warning and for whatever is worth to Verizon.  I WILL cancel my account if this channel is not restored. This is not meant to be a threat or anything. But the main network I watch is BeIN Sports. I will have to look for BeIN Sports elsewhere if Verizon does not provide it.   I hope this is a temporary issue.

0 Likes
Marv_
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i was online looking to reduce my plan now that I have to pay for Fubo and noticed BeIn is still listed as a provided channel in their packages. Can you not get out of contract for them advertising something they are not actually providing?

i only have 2 months of contract left regardless so it’s no big deal for me but I am definaltley not renewing.

0 Likes
abdank57

All customers can drop Verizon Fits with no consequences,  no penalties because Verizon bridge the contract. Customers are paying for service they want to watch, if Verizon stop delivered what you want to; you are free to go... They screw up contract not you. No matter what its Verizon responsibility to find the solution how to provide Been channel for customers who have contract with Verizon. Honest business will pay extra money to provide Been channel till the all contracts with all customers will expired.  As you see Verizon is not one of them. I'm looking forward to go back to Cablevision. Very bad guy but I will not be sorry for them...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They can't do that.

There is never a time when all customer contracts have expired.

That's part of the issue with being a cable provider.

You have customers locked in to programming pricing.

But content providers are always looking to increase their fees.

So at times, you have to make a decision to drop a channel all together, move it to higher tiers or play hardball on negotiating a new contract.

Keep in mind, Comcast has objected to their price increases as well.
As for cancelling your contract, the terms you agreed to allow Verizon (like most other cable providers) to add or delete content to your package during the life of your contract.

0 Likes