Re: today I spoke with representative
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree with most of the channels you mentioned.

But you don't have NHL Network on channel 87/587?

0 Likes
Re: Bein Sports dropped?????
soccerjane
Enthusiast - Level 2
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its all in the spin.

Their definition of a modest increase can be large for Verizon.

I read that Verizon asked that to be able to remove BeIN from lower tiers.

BeIN refused. The reason to do that is that cable companies pay for every subscriber in a tier whether they watch or not. So you have to look at the number of viewers in a package of a channel and decide if there are enough to justify the cost.

Keep in mind that they have also been removed from Comcast. BeIN has brought a complaint to FCC against Comcast. FCC ruled for Comcast. One of the reasons was there was a concern about BeIN's ability to provide content. Why would I sign up for a contract with a provider at a price if I had concerns they will be able to provide content? BeIN has lost some content recently (listed earlier in thread) or hasn't gotten additional US content. Unfortunately for European soccer fans, that is not a big enough draw for a US cable system. You need US content as well. And BeIN doesn't have it.

0 Likes
soccerjane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because the American content sucks! Thats why we warch Bein Sports!

0 Likes
BeIn Sports Channel
Fioshooter
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want my beIn Sports! 

0 Likes
Maryland_Dave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please re-add BeIN Sport to the channel lineup. I can literally identify at least 40 channels that you could drop from my channel lineup and no one in our house would notice because they are junk and a waste of the electrons that it takes to produce the content and transmit them - can I trade them to keep BeIN????

0 Likes
Con3048
Enthusiast - Level 2

I informed the Verizon people I spoke with that Verizon has finally succeeded in alienating my affections. If beIN Sports and beIN Sports Espanol are not returned in a month, I am dropping Verizon!

0 Likes
Re: today I spoke with representative
Con3048
Enthusiast - Level 2

I completely concur!

0 Likes
Nandoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent a correspondence to Verizon corporate and they actually called me back to respond to my concern.  They said with these contract situations there is a 50/50 chance that they will come to terms. No timeframe given.  

0 Likes
Magellan3

I called Verizon too and was transferred to a call center. Nobody had any good answer, as expected. I just took a free trial with Fubo for 7 days. After that, if nothing changed, I will try Sling. It is my intention to unsubscribe from Fios. If you have a smart TV, it is more of less the same to watch through these streaming sites and it is cheaper. Good luck to you guys 

0 Likes