BeIn Sports
FCollado

I cannot believe that BeIn Sports is no longer available.  It will make reconsider my options when my current contract expires.  BeIn Sports is one of the very few channels that i personally watch when i'm home.  This news is a big problemm for because i can no longer watch MotoGP races.  It is ridiculous,

0 Likes
beIN Sports
bc112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since you don’t have beIN Sports anymore can you at least give me GolTV in HD now? 

Bein Sports dropped?????
tgarran
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a verizon fios user for 12 years.  I also use Verizon Wireless for my cell phone.  I pay more than $350 per month for my combined bills. If this channel is not returned, I am going to drop the FIOS and get FUBO and drop the wireless and switch to AT&T.  What good is any verizon service if I can not get what I want. 

Re: Bein Sports dropped?????
ccars

I join the growing group objecting to Verizon's dropping BEin Sports Channel.

The is the only source for MotoGp coverage.  In the meantime is Verizon going to

issue an adjustment to my monthly cable charges to compensate us for loss of this

channel from our package!  I too will begin searching for another provider.  Fortunately we did not fall prey to their two year sign-up offer.

0 Likes
josbran

I too am really mad that you pay only 10 cents for you to carry Bein sports and are unable to make a deal to continue carrying the channel. Verizon makes billions of dollars a year and even if Bein sports wants 50 cents for the channel I think you can afford to pay at least that much.  Looks like Bein sports has lost the Italian league to ESPN so the channel is not as good but come on just pay the price for it or you'll lose many Latino viewers that will look for another provider.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Suppose every channel wanted a $.40 increase?
At 100 channels (and there is a lot more) your bill would go up by $40/month.

Is that acceptable?

I have seen where Verizon wants to agree, but want to remove it from lower tiers to help offset the costs. Remember that cable providers pay for every subscriber that has access to a channel regardless of viewership.

To keep that in perspective, a LaLiga game had 750K viewers in the US in March (http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/03/08/laliga-tv-ratings-surge-750000-watch-barcelona-atleti-game-bei...). But that is out of 40M households that can view it. So that is less than 2% of all possible viewers. Assuming Verizon has equal numbers, you can see why they might want to remove it from some packages.

You may be ok with paying the increase for a channel you want to see. But others aren't. And the same is true the other way. I am sure there are channels you would rather not pay for.

Unfortunately, lesser viewed channels are usually the ones that have the worst contract negotiations IMHO.

0 Likes
pprhngr42
Enthusiast - Level 2

It’s Back. Kudos to both Verizon and beIN Sports for working it out. 

0 Likes
mvk20

Do you have a source for this, or it just showed up on your TV? Is it still on Extreme HD package, or did they bump it to the Ultimate? I’m away from home at the moment, but when I try to sign in on Bein Sports Connect it tells me I need a package that has Bein Sports, such as Ultimate or Sports Pass. 

0 Likes
pprhngr42
Enthusiast - Level 2

It just came on when I checked the channel. No guide yet. I have ultimate package, so couldn’t tell you if it’s on extreme. Good luck

0 Likes
rebollos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still on Extreme Package. Watching it right now 

0 Likes