Switch Account

Bein Sports dropped?????

Bein Sports dropped?????

Contributor FCollado
Contributor
Message 101 of 122
(1,107 Views)

I cannot believe that BeIn Sports is no longer available.  It will make reconsider my options when my current contract expires.  BeIn Sports is one of the very few channels that i personally watch when i'm home.  This news is a big problemm for because i can no longer watch MotoGP races.  It is ridiculous,

Contributor bc11
Contributor
Message 102 of 122
(977 Views)

Since you don’t have beIN Sports anymore can you at least give me GolTV in HD now? 

Contributor tgarran
Contributor
Message 103 of 122
(1,015 Views)

I have been a verizon fios user for 12 years.  I also use Verizon Wireless for my cell phone.  I pay more than $350 per month for my combined bills. If this channel is not returned, I am going to drop the FIOS and get FUBO and drop the wireless and switch to AT&T.  What good is any verizon service if I can not get what I want. 

Contributor ccars
Contributor
Message 104 of 122
(982 Views)

I join the growing group objecting to Verizon's dropping BEin Sports Channel.

The is the only source for MotoGp coverage.  In the meantime is Verizon going to

issue an adjustment to my monthly cable charges to compensate us for loss of this

channel from our package!  I too will begin searching for another provider.  Fortunately we did not fall prey to their two year sign-up offer.

Contributor josbran
Contributor
Message 105 of 122
(960 Views)

I too am really mad that you pay only 10 cents for you to carry Bein sports and are unable to make a deal to continue carrying the channel. Verizon makes billions of dollars a year and even if Bein sports wants 50 cents for the channel I think you can afford to pay at least that much.  Looks like Bein sports has lost the Italian league to ESPN so the channel is not as good but come on just pay the price for it or you'll lose many Latino viewers that will look for another provider.

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 106 of 122
(918 Views)

Suppose every channel wanted a $.40 increase?
At 100 channels (and there is a lot more) your bill would go up by $40/month.

Is that acceptable?

I have seen where Verizon wants to agree, but want to remove it from lower tiers to help offset the costs. Remember that cable providers pay for every subscriber that has access to a channel regardless of viewership.

To keep that in perspective, a LaLiga game had 750K viewers in the US in March (http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/03/08/laliga-tv-ratings-surge-750000-watch-barcelona-atleti-game-bei...). But that is out of 40M households that can view it. So that is less than 2% of all possible viewers. Assuming Verizon has equal numbers, you can see why they might want to remove it from some packages.

You may be ok with paying the increase for a channel you want to see. But others aren't. And the same is true the other way. I am sure there are channels you would rather not pay for.

Unfortunately, lesser viewed channels are usually the ones that have the worst contract negotiations IMHO.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor 42pprhnhr42
Contributor
Message 107 of 122
(911 Views)

It’s Back. Kudos to both Verizon and beIN Sports for working it out. 

Contributor mvk20
Contributor
Message 108 of 122
(880 Views)

Do you have a source for this, or it just showed up on your TV? Is it still on Extreme HD package, or did they bump it to the Ultimate? I’m away from home at the moment, but when I try to sign in on Bein Sports Connect it tells me I need a package that has Bein Sports, such as Ultimate or Sports Pass. 

Contributor 42pprhnhr42
Contributor
Message 109 of 122
(871 Views)

It just came on when I checked the channel. No guide yet. I have ultimate package, so couldn’t tell you if it’s on extreme. Good luck

Contributor rebollos
Contributor
Message 110 of 122
(870 Views)

Still on Extreme Package. Watching it right now 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.