Big Ten Network - Ashburn, VA
OhioFan

Is there any information about when the Big Ten Network is going to be rolled out in the Northern Virginia area (specifically area code 20148, Loudoun County)?

I saw that Richmond will be getting it starting August 13th, but I don't think that will apply to me.

Any news from anyone?  I called tech support (888-553-1555) and they didn't even know the Big Ten Network was on FiOS yet Smiley Indifferent

Please reply with any information you might have!

Thanks,

OhioFan 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Big Ten Network - Ashburn, VA
PSChip
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon FIOS web page now shows new channels for Metro DC available 9/22/2008, not by the end of August as communicated earlier.  The new channels include channel 585 - the Big Ten Network HD.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Richmond VA area on 8/13 & Norfolk VA area on 8/14. I don't know what area you fall in.
0 Likes
OhioFan
I am about an hour and a half north of Richmond.  Ashburn is about 45 minutes west of D.C.  Therefore, I don't think I fall under either of these.  I'll be on the lookout tomorrow and Wednesday for changes.

Do you have any info about the DC region maybe?
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Ok, how about these places: Anne Arundel/Howard County MD, are they near you? That would be the only last places. They will be upgraded sometime after September 17 with the new channels.
0 Likes
PSChip
Enthusiast - Level 1
I was at the Verizon Experience Store at Fair Oaks Mall on Sunday - 8/10/2008.  After purchasing a new cell phone, I walked over to the FIOS TV area and asked a sales/tech rep when all the new, promised FIOS HD channels would be available in NoVA.  He queried the internal Verizon FIOS web site and determined that the first set of new HD channels will be available by the end of August 2008.  Included in this list was the Big Ten Network HD.   Being a  Penn Stater living in Fairfax, that is great news.  Lots of other HD channels will be introduced in stages during the Fall 2008.  Go Lions - beat the Buckeyes!
0 Likes
OhioFan

PSChip,

That is the most thorough answer I have recieved to date.  Thanks for posting it is much appriciated.  I have a line out to a couple of other Verzion email address and will post updates if I heard anything back from them.

Much appreciated (even though you are a Penn State fan Smiley Wink

GO BUCKS!  DECLAW THE NITTANY LIONS!

0 Likes
PSChip
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon FIOS web page now shows new channels for Metro DC available 9/22/2008, not by the end of August as communicated earlier.  The new channels include channel 585 - the Big Ten Network HD.

0 Likes