Big Ten Network Issue
PSUChris
I am in the suburbs of Philly (Eagleville, PA). We finally received the Big Ten Network about a week ago but it almost impossible to watch right now. Currently there are interruptions every few seconds. The picture and sound jump almost like a scratched DVD. Is anyone else having this problem? Is Verizon working to fix this problem? This is insane. Why do we pay so much money for shotie service?
0 Likes
Re: Big Ten Network Issue
mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is just that station or all HD stations? I have heard that Showtime and the premium channels had this problem for a week or so after the HD alignment...maybe your experiencing the same thing. Try a hard reset. If that does not work reset the box from your Verizon site. If that does not work check over at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiostv

Post or check there.....

0 Likes
PSUChris
It appears to just be this station. It is not HD, is the standard station. I had been having similar problems with other stations but the Verizon tech that was at my place over the weekend seems to have solved those issues with an amplifier. He did mention that he had heard of problems with the B10 Network in the area but didn't elaborate. I am very frustrated with FIOS at this point and have considered switching back to Comcast due to the poor customer support, poor service, etc.
0 Likes
mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Must be your area....I have heard and read of a few complaints from State College. However, in our area and many others, Verizon has had little to no issues.

Actually, a while back, come to think of it, some SE PA customers were complaining of tiling issues on SD channels like TBS, Spike and some others. That problem was worked out.

I rarely watch SD channels....If it ain't in HD I ain't watching it unless it's Nick or Fox news channel.

0 Likes
mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pulled this off another site from someone that has a similar problem...

"Sorry... there is no verizon tech that put a Motoroal signal booster on your line.

Fess up... you put it on (your neighbor/friend whoever).

The motorola booster will cut HD frequencies... there is no FIOS tech that would even have one of those to put on your line."

The problem with Fios is the signal tends to be too hot, unless the cable in your house is very low grade, bad or split many times.

Your problem may require an attenuator.There is a way to tell if your signal is too hot....search the net, I'm pretty sure it's in the "hidden menu" in your Moto box!

0 Likes
PSUChris
Well, the tech has been out twice now. The first time he turned the signal down because it was coming in too hot. The second time he put on an amplifier. It almost seems as if it is a problem that is specific to the B10 Network only.

I wish I had an HDTV because that would be all I watched also.
0 Likes
clearpix
I was watching the Iowa game on BTN this weekend and saw some minor tiling.  I really thought it was the game feed.  It was happening only during the game.  During the commercials and when they went back to the studios I never saw it tile at all.  and this was happening on HD and SD.  I really dont think this was a VZ problem.
0 Likes
mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tune into the channel and hit "power,select,select" then check in "Bin status" and look for "s over n" that value should be over 30. If not there could be issues from a bad ONT (happened to me but only affected the phone), bad splitter or cable.

Reset the router (hard reset small red button) and reset  your boxes (online). Other than that it could be a Verizon VHO problem. Are neighbors in your area experiencing this?

I am not a tech, but if the tech said it's too hot then came back and said it was not....either the tech has no clue or there are fluctuations caused by the VHO or ONT....that would be my final answer.

Do you have any splitters in the line, if so, go to Lowes or Walmart and get a -3Db splitter and try that....it will cost you about $7. if it does not work you can bring it back.

0 Likes
mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found this as well....sorry, last post and just trying to help:

"A happy ending. Two techs assessed that:
1 - a 15 foot store bought cable run from a splitter to the HD box that I installed was losing signal and replaced it.
2 - the signal to the router was too hot - a signal reducer assisted in connectivity to the server for PPV, guide, etc.

We'll see if this is a permanent solution."
0 Likes