Switch Account

Blackouts

Contributor Hoywoman
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(574 Views)

I DVR'd American Idol last night - or so I thought. What I got instead was an hour of a black screen advising that this program was presently blacked out! Anyone know why it would have been blacked out in the Boston area??

3 REPLIES 3
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(546 Views)

I've never heard of a blackout of a non sports broadcast ,mayb you  should of reset your dvr ?

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(528 Views)

Do you have two Fox affiliates on your channel lineup? One might be blacked out at certain times.

We have a similar issue here in the Tampa Bay market, as of last month. We have two ABC affiliates on our lineup (to serve the southern part of our region), and the secondary affiliate has to "black out" during network programming. They can carry their local news over FiOS and other local programming, but they can't air network programming over FiOS.

Perhaps you have a similar issue up there?

Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 4 of 4
(503 Views)

@jasonacg wrote:

Do you have two Fox affiliates on your channel lineup? One might be blacked out at certain times.

We have a similar issue here in the Tampa Bay market, as of last month. We have two ABC affiliates on our lineup (to serve the southern part of our region), and the secondary affiliate has to "black out" during network programming. They can carry their local news over FiOS and other local programming, but they can't air network programming over FiOS.

Perhaps you have a similar issue up there?

Yep true. ABC 7 WWSB is no longer a channel for us other then for news. Could be that way for the OP with Fox.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.