Re: Blaze TV - Gone
TaxDawg82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would Verizon hold the line for the Blaze like they do with Disney? One has millions of daily listeners. The other has maybe 10 daily watchers

0 Likes
Jenny110
Enthusiast - Level 1

Considering dropping Verizon because of no more blaze. Should be more options not less!! Lots of other ways to get programming besides Verizon and many less expensive...

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would they hold the line you ask?  For uniformity, of course.  If they claim that they are attempting to reduce cost by ridding themselves of exorbitant networks, seems to me that Disney would fit that bill quite good. 

You further explain,

"the other has ten daily watchers."

Is it ten?  Are you quite sure that it is not eleven, maybe even twelve?  😉 

Removal of Blaze TV
Nelson211
Enthusiast - Level 1

I notice Verizon keeps removing content without a bill reduction. I also notice the content usually leans to the right.  Maybe it is time for a change. Obviously our hard-earned $220/month means little to Verizon.   

Nelson211
Enthusiast - Level 1

How about a bill reduction when you remove a station which I watch frequently. Verizon took away Bloomberg, Disney, and now Blaze TV. What is next to go? Perhaps they will remove Fox News, as it doesn't coincide with their left-wing viewpoint? There are other carriers/cable and phone. Time for a switch seems nearing..... 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Channels get removed (especially low viewer ship ones) to help even out costs.

new Disney deal is going to cost more. Can't say that dropping blaze will offset Disney costs, but will help.

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

CRobGauth, so, we meet again (sinister laugh) 😉

You explain,

"Channels get removed (especially low viewership ones) to help even out costs.

new Disney deal is going to cost more. Can't say that dropping blaze will offset Disney costs, but will help."

Perhaps by that same token, they should drop MSNBC as i'm pretty sure their ratings are in the proverbial toilet (laughs again)

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doesn't look like it:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/27/msnbc-fox-cable-ratings-number-one-1075872

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/november-2018-ratings-msnbc-is-a-top-5-cable-network-and-is-drawing-...

The fact that only one other major cable company carries Blaze should be an indication of its ratings.

Not applicable

I am still seething over the removal of The Weather Channel, but I was willing to stay the course as Verizon carried The Blaze - now that too is gone.  Verizon, as other cable companies, are becoming extinct by their own devices.  The millenials are not choosing cable.  We are moving to Hulu, SlingTV, Netflix, Roku etc where we will be choosing and buying our own content.  Anything we enjoy watching on Verizon, they rid us of - mostly intellectual TV.  There are hundreds of stations we receive we have NEVER, EVER watched - nor will we.  Verizon is pushing its remaining customers out the door.  My mother left them over The Weather Channel debacle.  My children - millenials - don't watch or have cable TV.  If The Blaze does not return, it may be time to get my television content elsewhere.

oi-sze
Enthusiast - Level 2

See complete Verizon TV lineup,... place The Blaze where it belongs considering the viewership numbers and quality of programming. Definitely way above average. So, claim that Verizon can't carry all channels is correct but the choice to remove above average The Blaze instead of dozens if not hundreds meaningless ones they still carry is the wrong part. Also, quite obviously politically charged as why else would provider remove News/Info channel that has huge audience and quality-but for intolerance.