Re: Blaze TV - Gone
cobalt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate the computer but i love my verizon tv.  I also like 2 programs on blaze wich i dvr.glen at 5pm and then news and why it matters. I would pay verizon extra for this chanel.         steve g

RoadKing57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even though Comcast/XFINITY offered a better price, we chose to stay with Verizon. A very big reason that we didn’t switch was because Verizon carried TheBlaze and OAN. In fact, the Comcast sales guy hung up on my wife when she asked about it.

The timing with regard to BlazeTV being dropped right after merging with CRTV is very troubling to us. Attributing financial and contract issues to this change seems disingenuous and our confidence of staying with Verizon is greatly diminished.

rover-lover
Enthusiast - Level 2

What a week of announcements from Verizon FIOS! Not only did they drop WUSA 9 (DC's only CBS affiliate), but they dropped the recently reorganized Blaze network.  Timing says a lot as this comes directly on the tails of a recent announcement that Glenn Beck and Mark Levin have joined forces on this network, offering another anlternative to MSNBC, CNN, and the other mainstream networks. I've had to install a terrestrial antenna to receive CBS and, you know, the picture quality may actually be superior to FIOS.  Makes me wonder if the cable cutters don't have something!

SyossetCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's going to be a great feeling calling up Verizon and telling them to cancel all of their services (phone, TV, internet). No more paying for a phone line I don't use. No more paying $25-$30 month for an old-fashioned DVR box using Tivo technology from 20 years ago. No more **bleep** regulatory service line fees and taxes of $50 a month. No more $65 a month equipment fees for boxes that I haven't updated in over a decade. No more 2-year contracts. No more planned price increases advertised as 12-month or 24-month discounts. Buh bye Verizon. You lost a couple hundred thousand customers last year maybe you can lose a million this year.

I looked the other way on Verizon's bad business practices because at least I felt they were giving me conservative news content that other companies were denying their customers. Now that they won't do this anymore I have no reason to tolerate all the bad behavior of Verizon and I can warn everyone online about all the decietful things that Verizon does in their billing and service agreements. 

I had Verizon FiOS since day one. I was one of the first subscribers in the country to FiOS internet and TV and they're days away from losing me permanently to their competitors.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ratings aren't open to political interpretation.

The numbers are the numbers.

Doesn't matter if MSNBC is rising or Fox is falling.

MSNBC is not the failing news channel you purported.

It is on par with Fox.

And ratings are the driver per se for cable carriage.

Its all about the cost.

If you offer a channel for free to a cable provider vs one that they have to pay for, you will have a better chance of carriage.

Its highly possble that Blaze was asking too much per subscriber vs the actual viewers (remember cable providers pay for everyone who can watch vs the number that do watch).

There are two parts of the cost to carry content.

There is the cost to connect as well as the per subscriber cost.

Another post said they can get Blaze for an extra $5/month on another provider.

They have to hope to get enough to cover the connection costs and pay Blaze at that cost.

Given the low number of subscribers to FIOS, they probably felt it wasn't worth it. That is what happened to TWC. Not enough people watching to justify the cost.

Epicetus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am planning to exit FIOS as a TV provider. 

Luicee2
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's the point i was making!

MSNBC, CNBC have LESS viewers!

One would have to assume that less viewers equal less interest and value.

They remain, and the Blaze is cut?

I don't for one second believe that those loser channels cost less to air than theBlaze did. I do for one second believe this is purely politcal, and i am outraged that after over a decade of taking my $$$... and We have the Highest premium package, and always have... that Verizon has decided, what we need to see politcally.

This is the same thing as Facebook deciding what pages' posts we see, or Twitter and Instagram "de-platforming" those who they disagree with politically and yet claiming venue status to avoid lawsuits...

Those are free, but we pay for Verizon... and to rob us of one small different voice is just reprehensible.

Luicee2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I had no idea Sling offered theBlaze for $5!

And i had no idea about another Gigabit service out there!

We were already looking at Amazon & Hulu's merged Showtime and HBO channels... since VZ cut them out of our Premium packages while keeping the price the same...

Thank you so much for the options!

Luicee2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here! Had the PRemium package 12 years - as soon as FIOS came to our area we switched over..

We had had DISH, then DIRECTTV + DISH... We missed a few channels DISH carried but the variety of News on VZ made us happy to overpay for terrible service.

This, the week after CRTV merges with theBlaze... is going to be worth paying the disconnect fee.-- sadly 50 Days after re-upping for 2 years...

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Luicee2 explains,

"That's the point i was making!

MSNBC, CNBC have LESS viewers!

One would have to assume that less viewers equal less interest and value.

They remain, and the Blaze is cut?

I don't for one second believe that those loser channels cost less to air than theBlaze did. I do for one second believe this is purely politcal, and i am outraged that after over a decade of taking my $$$... and We have the Highest premium package, and always have... that Verizon has decided, what we need to see politcally.

This is the same thing as Facebook deciding what pages' posts we see, or Twitter and Instagram "de-platforming" those who they disagree with politically and yet claiming venue status to avoid lawsuits...

Those are free, but we pay for Verizon... and to rob us of one small different voice is just reprehensible."

Thanks for that, so i didn't have to waste time and post a similar reply.