Re: Blaze TV - Gone
CRBerridge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm a little late to the game in noticing that BlazeTV was removed by Verizon.  I was glad to see Verizon offer BlazeTV.  It was one of the reasons I decided on the package that I have.  I'm disappointed to here that Verizon has dropped them.  With BlazeTV merging with CRTV, the content was only going to get better.  Verizon really needs to reconsider this decision.  I'm sure Blaze Media was requesting nothing close to what Disney is requesting to carry their channels.  Keep in mind that Disney is trying to do there own thing with their movies and such, so it only makes sense that they are going to request an extravagent amount for their channels.

Bring back Blaze Media!

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hammer_Bro wrote:

Rob explains,

Would you have been ok if your bill went up when Verizon had to pay Disney more for their deal?”

Well, based on past precedent, our Verizon bill keeps going up regardless and it is not as if we have any special packages. They should have held the line with Disney’s extravagance. About the only channel worth keeping from them is Disney XD, lol. And, mark my words, Disney will only get greedier. Then what? Will Verizon continue to sacrifice channels that they feel are unneeded because they assume we value Disney so much?

Did you see the thread of people screaming about how they will leave the second Disney channels are shut off. And it was a wide range for a number of their different channels.

Its all about business.
And it is partially our fault. We want more and better programs. You think Game of Thrones, Breaking bad and other programs would have continued if they didn't get more income?

Netflix just announced an increase because people are pushing for more original content.

Just saw that NBC is starting a streaming channel. CBS already has theirs. And CBS VOD content is being consolidated onto their own service. Disney is doing the same. You think they aren't out to grab every dollar they can?

I think we may finally get some of the a la carte we want. We will just have sign up to 10-15 different streaming services. And in the end, we won't be saving any money.

Content costs what it costs. Why else are movie tickets going through the roof?

Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rob explains,

Did you see the thread of people screaming about how they will leave the second Disney channels are shut off.”

Oh, well. Don’t let the door hit them on the way out. Perhaps if they were “screaming”, they weren’t civil enough to be here in the first place. (laughs) Now, we have a thread of people looking to leave if Blaze is not restored. Opinions changed = zero.

0 Likes
corx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to wonder why verizon keeps MSNBC with such low viewership but dropped TheBlaze.  A comparison would be nice

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The fact that all major cable systems carry MSNBC (who beat fox last Nov) should mean something.

And it is not just ratings. Its how much they want to charge per subscriber.

USRepublic1
Enthusiast - Level 1

They got rid of the Blaze because the report REAL news. How dare they!  Real news with real facts, unacceptable!! They get rid of the Blaze but CNN goes on and on and on. 

RayJay2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your 100% Correct! This is a move by a company whose views are completely liberal! 

0 Likes
RayJay2
Enthusiast - Level 2

And Mark Levin!

im With you, definitely thinking of dropping FIOS!

0 Likes
Einstein2

Actions like this may have me looking to other cable TV providers when my two year contract is up in about seven months. Possibly they should’ve given via words an option of even paying another five dollars a month for a single channel viewers may have taken it.Not much difference between 140 or $145 a month.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How many other providers carry this channel?

There is probably a reason it carriage is limited IMHO.

It is not as simple as offering to carry a channel for an extra fee.

One the content provider has to agree.

Two, there are fixed costs to the cable provider for the connectivity to the content provider.

And that is not cheap.

That is one of the reasons that channels get dropped. The fixed costs provide a starting point plus the per subscriber costs.