Switch Account

BlueHighways TV Being Removed; I'm Very Sad....

BlueHighways TV Being Removed; I'm Very Sad....

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(1,872 Views)

BlueHighways TV has the most unique music shows that can be found and a real treasure to those of us who are fans. I very sad to receive the notice yesterday that said BlueHighways TV will be removed on 12/31/2012...

A sad Verizon FiOS customer.

Dave in Plano, TX 

7 REPLIES 7
Contributor momjuno
Contributor
Message 2 of 8
(1,814 Views)

We are very sorry to hear that they are going to remove Blue Highways TV.  It is one of the most wholesome and enjoyable shows on TV.  Please keep it on the air.  Carolyn Glos

Contributor Webweaver
Contributor
Message 3 of 8
(1,795 Views)

I AM FIT TO BE TIED!

Just received an email today from Verizon informing me that we will lose our favorite TV program (Prime TV...the lowest rung on the ladder), "Blue Highway TV", and they will substitute "Halogen TV".  We are fairly new subscribers to Verizon FIOS, and to date I am extremely disappointed in many different aspects of their service.  It is my contention that, when one signs a contract for specific services, the contract should be totally adhered to.  The ability to bate and switch programming, as it were, is much too easy for entities such as Verizon.  Bah Humbug!!!

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 8
(1,746 Views)

Halogen is not being substituted.  In fact they are removing it from the extreme package, so just a another thing for people to compain about.

Contributor Webweaver
Contributor
Message 5 of 8
(1,719 Views)

The email I received stated Blue Highway TV will be removed effective "on or before 12/31/12, and  "it will be replaced by Halogen TV". (We have Verizon Prime TV....don't know about the "extreme" package you speak of).

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 6 of 8
(1,699 Views)

I guess the notice was talored for different uses.  I have the Ultimate package.  The first letter I got mentioned the removal of 4 channels (Black belt, Blue Highways, Youtoo,MAV) completely and a seperate letterm mentioned removal of Halogen from the extreme package (it has been in the extreme and Ultimate packages).  I didn't save them but someone posted the first letter here http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2055069~324dd5d7522e8af0aef1437a0e37e2f8/Important%20FiOS%20TV...

And second letter here

http://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2055145~33149243ece9b31952c9fa8dc99ff9ea/snap.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor slipkid69
Contributor
Message 7 of 8
(1,651 Views)

Woodsongs on Blue Highway, Geek Beat Live on Youtoo.  two of my favs, some of the few series on my DVR.   Anyone know what this means..."changes will be made to better streamline and consolidate FiOS TV programming. These changes will allow us to continue to deliver the most current and relevant channels to our customers"  Will new channels replace these or what ? 

My 2 -year contract is up in January.  Rates going up. loosing more channels.  Maybe time to revisit Cablevision or Direct TV.  Cablevision has much better channel organization with regards to HD vs SD. 

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 8 of 8
(1,530 Views)

Just an update for those missing Blue Highways TV. You can find BHTV on the internet here:

http://bluehighwaystv.com

Most all programming is available for viewing. Just another reason to dump cable completely.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.