Bogus Verizon Free Movie Promotion
Bambooman
Approximately two weeks ago, my wife received an evening telephone call from a person claiming to be a Verizon agent offering her free movies for a month.  The agent indicated because of the volume of work that the connection could not be made for 10 business days.   The movie package did not arrive and a check with Verizon Technical Support indicates that no such order was placed involving our account.  Be advised that Verizon agents have an ID number that one should request when dealing with Verizon agents on the telephone.
0 Likes
Re: Bogus Verizon Free Movie Promotion
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Bambooman,

In FiOS Tech support we can only tell if there is pending or completed orders. I don't know the specifics of each promotion or "specials" that are going on in every region, but I have heard of the 60 days movie package promotion. I'd suggest contacting the Sales/Billing office and they can see if there was a issue where the order did not process or any notes.  The number is 888-553-1555 and choose the billing option in the beginning. The main office is closed but the After Hours Video department is open and they are able to assist you if you choose to call over the weekend. The main office for billing is back in on Monday at 8am.

0 Likes
Re: Bogus Verizon Free Movie Promotion
MychylAHV
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Bambooman wrote:
Approximately two weeks ago, my wife received an evening telephone call from a person claiming to be a Verizon agent offering her free movies for a month.  The agent indicated because of the volume of work that the connection could not be made for 10 business days.   The movie package did not arrive and a check with Verizon Technical Support indicates that no such order was placed involving our account.  Be advised that Verizon agents have an ID number that one should request when dealing with Verizon agents on the telephone.

Bambooman::

I'm sorry to hear that you were impacted by the recent issue with the All Access offer.

The offer was, in fact, made by the Promotions department, but I've personally spoken with many customers who accepted the offer, told that it would take about 10 business days, but it was not placed within that time.

If you are still interested, as mentioned above, you can definitely call (888) 553-1555 and we'll be more than happy to get it added on your account, with the 60 days free still withstanding. And as mentioned, After Hours will definitely be open tomorrow... which reminds me, I need to get to bed soon. 😉

Hope this helps!

0 Likes