Bounce Channel
Toots105

Why did the programming change on my Bounce Channel 476 and some of my favorite shows are no longer listed am I not pleased at all this is one of my favorite channels.....

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bounce Channel
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

Not likely that FIOS dropped it as these channels would be bundeld with their primary.

Verizon like the cable companies have been adding and removing channels from their services no matter what bundle a customer has. Just on this forum alone there are complaints of Verizon dropping stations. So Verizon can and does remove them.

and like their other counterparts many times no replacement channels. I remember many years ago when Time Warner removed two stations of oldie sitcoms and customers complained, Time Warner did not want to pay higher fees to carry them. They replaced them with a religious channel and a sport channel I think tennis of which they to are now removed. 

Another trick verizon and cable have done is ‘duplicate” the channels so when Charter says they offer 200 channels with many in HD it’s more like 50/50 with both standard transmission and the same channels in HD looks good to the customers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Toots105wrote:

Why did the programming change on my Bounce Channel 476 and some of my favorite shows are no longer listed am I not pleased at all this is one of my favorite channels.....

Don’t use Fios tv. However stations are added and removed all the time.

it has to do with viewership and costs to carry the channel. Sometimes both.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is possible that the local channel that used to carry Bounce no longer does.
Check on Bounce TV website to see which primary channel may carry it in your area.

As their website may not be updated quickly, then go to that channel website to see if they say they are still carrying it.

Not likely that FIOS dropped it as these channels would be bundeld with their primary.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

Verizon like the cable companies have been adding and removing channels from their services no matter what bundle a customer has. Just on this forum alone there are complaints of Verizon dropping stations. So Verizon can and does remove them.

and like their other counterparts many times no replacement channels. I remember many years ago when Time Warner removed two stations of oldie sitcoms and customers complained, Time Warner did not want to pay higher fees to carry them. They replaced them with a religious channel and a sport channel I think tennis of which they to are now removed. 

Another trick verizon and cable have done is ‘duplicate” the channels so when Charter says they offer 200 channels with many in HD it’s more like 50/50 with both standard transmission and the same channels in HD looks good to the customers.

0 Likes