Broken for a *Month*
ohvz

My FiOS TV service has been broken for a month. I have had a horrible experience with VZ customer service and the various arms and branches of technical support. Is a service outage of a duration over a month grounds for me to be able to cancel my contract without fees? Or am I still bound to pay for services that are untenable? I have taken several days off of work to wait for Verizon techs that sometimes did not even bother to show up. I have had appointments cancelled. I have spent hours on the phone with HelpDesk who have done nothing more than ask me to reboot my box. I have had techs tell me "I am going to leave now, it will be fixed later this evening" and then not even follow up (and the service was obviously not fixed) or return my phone calls. I am on my 4th Set Top Box during this month, because, rather than troubleshoot issues, help desk technicians have just chalked up my issue to the box. 4 bad boxes in a row, huh? Why not send another box?! It's gotta be the box. "Sir, can you please unplug your STB and plug it back in?" "Sure, like I've done 100 times before with the same result? I'd be happy to!"

This has gone beyond the point of absurdity.

Has anyone read the contract in detail to see if there are ways out of the service contract due to horrible service?

0 Likes
Re: Broken for a *Month*
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Broken for a *Month*
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

ohvz

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes