Switch Account

CBS College Sports HD?

CBS College Sports HD?

Copper Contributor shkeys
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(10,965 Views)

Will we see this channel on FIOS in the year 2009?  If so, can we expect it before the college football season kicks-off?

Leveraging various rights, CBS College Sports Network has buttressed its distribution lineup, inking a carriage pact with Verizon's FiOS TV and upgrading its positioning on systems owned by Comcast and Bright House Networks.  The deal with FiOS encompasses the rollout of the standard-definition CBS College Sports Network this year, ahead of the 2009 launch of an HD version, according to Bob Rose, executive vice president, distribution, CBS College Sports Network.

7 REPLIES 7
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 8
(10,915 Views)
According to VZ Mark over on DSL Reports - we will NOT be seeing CBS CS in HD this year.  I'm in agreement this is a major disappointment, especially with last fall's PR that when the SD version was added, we'd be seeing the HD in 2009.
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 8
(10,826 Views)

Is this a rumor or fact?  Does VZ Mark work for Verizon?

Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 8
(10,815 Views)
He does, but VZ as a whole has not made a comment about this. I haven't heard a comment about this channel yet either.
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 5 of 8
(10,406 Views)

So, I am guessing we won't be seeing this channel this college football season?

Smiley Sad

oh well, more time watching ESPN/ABC.

Copper Contributor Maynard
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 8
(10,265 Views)

CBS College Sports HD would be great.

What about The Mtn?  (the Mountain West Sports Network)  I would love to see this channel too.  This would include BYU, Utah, TCU, Air Force, etc.  Great Football conference.  Please add this channel.

Contributor nflsound
Contributor
Message 7 of 8
(9,632 Views)

Anyone heard anything new on getting CBS College in HD?  I really wish we had that.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Message 8 of 8
(9,604 Views)

It will most likely be next year before we see CBS College Sports HD.  They had a press release several months ago about how it was coming this year.  Maybe it will be in the next batch of new HD channels coming Q1 2010.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.