Re: CHILLER!!
averageviewer
Enthusiast - Level 1

For all of the money that we pay for the service, you could have at least waited until after Halloween to remove Chiller! And don't blame Chiller for not renewing its contract with you. You could have continued it for one more month even if at your own expense. And how about a lower monthly bill every time you drop a channel? But, it doesn't work that way does it. Apology has become policy.  Fellow subscribers, if you want change, contact your representaives in Congress to complain about Verizon and all of these providers and their unfair consumer policies and business practices. 

Mianrtcv
Enthusiast - Level 1

I miss fearnet. Chiller was definitely lower quality. Still, it was something. Verizon is quickly losing its appeal. Not cheap. Not great service. What used to set it apart was service. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How can Verizon renew a contract for a month if content provider doesn't want to?

Managing costs has got to be one of the hardest things for a cable company.

People want refunds when a channel is dropped. But also want to keep a fixed price for servcie throughout the contract. Imagine how hard it would be if everytime a channel was dropped, or added or renewed for a different price, to adjust people's bills?

I have to thing their content fees are changing every month.

abushki

This is madness. We lose channels we love to watch. Nobody bothers at ask what channels we would like. I, for one, can;t stand sports. Yet I have to pay a lot of money so that the cost is spread out and sports fans don't have to pay their fair share to watch sports programming. Why don't we pay to watch what we want and not what others want to watch?

0 Likes
Re: What the hell happened to Chiller??
Christy121

Apparently Cox is also dropping the channel but verizon still sucks

0 Likes
Christy121

I have contacted my congressman about verizon's horrible customer service, my billing issues, equipment not working, etc. They don't care either. I even complained about what you pointed out - bill should be lowered every time they remove a channel but no success there either. Verizon sucks!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What we don't know is how often other channels have raised prices.

Its possible that channels being dropped are to help offset more popular channels that have raised prices.

ninfan81

Cox is dropping it on November 8th

0 Likes
csellner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had to upgrade to premium to get this channel which ticked me off. And not giving any notice of this is just wrong. I'll be switching my provider when my contract is up too. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change your package even if you aren't at the end of contract.