Switch Account

CHILLER!!

SOLVED
Contributor beldame
Contributor
Message 1 of 27
(7,130 Views)

As bad as this channel is (the only horror option after Comcast bought out Fearnet, which was a great channel), it was still viewed fairly frequently in this household.

Stuff like this is the reason we're shutting off Verizon TV when our contract expires and moving to a streaming service.

26 REPLIES 26
Contributor loren0097
Contributor
Message 2 of 27
(7,119 Views)

So you stole yet another channel without saying a word?? Its bad enough it was only available in Standard Definition, but to just take it off without any notice and not replace it with anything similiar...thanks!  WIll be switching back to Cox when my contract is up.  Tired of this **bleep**

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 27
(7,107 Views)

Seems like Verizon is not the only one to have dropped this channel.

On February 1, 2017, Dish Network removed the channel from their lineup. Spectrum removed the channel from their lineup nationwide on April 25.[3] On October 2, 2017, Verizon FiOS removed the channel from their lineup.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor VickyC
Contributor
Message 4 of 27
(7,058 Views)

Bummer about Chiller, I had saw the announcement and contacted one of the Reps on 9/25.  Said it was not going away but indeed it is.  Very sad.  Most of the programmming was terrible but I loved the Outer Limits and some of the movies.  Will miss it.  I still like Verizon though, I see many of the Cable providers are dropping that channel for some reason.

Contributor Heatherista
Contributor
Message 5 of 27
(6,812 Views)

Totally with you on this.  It was the only channel I watch and was forced to because Fearnet was gone.  Now, I turn it on and it's not there??  This is shady business and lousy customer service to not tell customers that they know watch it.  Perfect to remove it during the Fall season. NOT!

Contributor Healz
Contributor
Message 6 of 27
(6,710 Views)

Why was Chiller Channel dropped from your line up. This maybe wasn't the most watched channel but my family enjoyed. My contract is up 4/7/19 I'll be shopping, bring it back.

Copper Contributor pspono
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 27
(6,563 Views)

I upgraded to get this channel and it is gone so is Verizon come December and back to cox but I will ask cox also if they will keep it. As it is now I could care less about cable/fios where we have to pay for what they choose for us. I know someone who left and came back to fios and pay MORE for less channels with their custom tv scam..when will verizon learn...probably never!

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 8 of 27
(5,931 Views)

Channel as mentioned was in SD and it won't be any loss in my household. Any new channels added should be HD only. TCM needs to be added in HD!

Contributor Rlhowe453
Contributor
Message 9 of 27
(5,834 Views)

I really hate they can just pull a channel out like this. Yes the movies were wacky low budget horror- but were a fun watch sometimes and I loved the series- Outer Limits etc. I called Verizon and of course they blamed Chiller for not re upping there contract. I had the high package just to have this channel- Now when my contract is up soon I will lower package or just dump Verizon

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 10 of 27
(5,789 Views)

You can lower your package even before your contract is up.

No penalty.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.