Switch Account

CHILLER!!

SOLVED
Contributor averageviewer
Contributor
Message 11 of 27
(1,227 Views)

For all of the money that we pay for the service, you could have at least waited until after Halloween to remove Chiller! And don't blame Chiller for not renewing its contract with you. You could have continued it for one more month even if at your own expense. And how about a lower monthly bill every time you drop a channel? But, it doesn't work that way does it. Apology has become policy.  Fellow subscribers, if you want change, contact your representaives in Congress to complain about Verizon and all of these providers and their unfair consumer policies and business practices. 

Contributor Mianrtcv
Contributor
Message 12 of 27
(1,216 Views)

I miss fearnet. Chiller was definitely lower quality. Still, it was something. Verizon is quickly losing its appeal. Not cheap. Not great service. What used to set it apart was service. 

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 13 of 27
(1,085 Views)

How can Verizon renew a contract for a month if content provider doesn't want to?

Managing costs has got to be one of the hardest things for a cable company.

People want refunds when a channel is dropped. But also want to keep a fixed price for servcie throughout the contract. Imagine how hard it would be if everytime a channel was dropped, or added or renewed for a different price, to adjust people's bills?

I have to thing their content fees are changing every month.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor abushki
Contributor
Message 14 of 27
(1,063 Views)

This is madness. We lose channels we love to watch. Nobody bothers at ask what channels we would like. I, for one, can;t stand sports. Yet I have to pay a lot of money so that the cost is spread out and sports fans don't have to pay their fair share to watch sports programming. Why don't we pay to watch what we want and not what others want to watch?

Contributor Christy12
Contributor
Message 15 of 27
(978 Views)

Apparently Cox is also dropping the channel but verizon still sucks

Contributor Christy12
Contributor
Message 16 of 27
(978 Views)

I have contacted my congressman about verizon's horrible customer service, my billing issues, equipment not working, etc. They don't care either. I even complained about what you pointed out - bill should be lowered every time they remove a channel but no success there either. Verizon sucks!

Platinum Contributor III
Message 17 of 27
(955 Views)

What we don't know is how often other channels have raised prices.

Its possible that channels being dropped are to help offset more popular channels that have raised prices.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor ninfan81
Contributor
Message 18 of 27
(900 Views)

Cox is dropping it on November 8th

Copper Contributor csellner
Copper Contributor
Message 19 of 27
(830 Views)

I also had to upgrade to premium to get this channel which ticked me off. And not giving any notice of this is just wrong. I'll be switching my provider when my contract is up too. 

Platinum Contributor III
Message 20 of 27
(817 Views)

You can change your package even if you aren't at the end of contract.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.