*COMPLAINT* Online Chat Rep confirmed bundle-plan (HBO), but, customer service does not honor!
mrwma237
Enthusiast - Level 1

On 7-6-13, I decided to join Verizon FiOS base on a bundle plan that I thought was a great deal to me. This plan included 20/10 FiOS + HBO & SHOWTIME channels. Before I submitted my application online, I summoned a live-chat agent to confirm my purchase. I specifically asked the agent to confirm if HBO channels were included in my bundle, mainly because the Summary review page prior to my submission did not have HBO listed. I re-confirmed (I copied pasted what was showing on my screen) withe live-chat agent and he again, reassured me that both HBO + SHOWTIME will be included in my plan. At the time, I assumed that perhaps due to promotional or marketing reasons, my HBO channels would not show on the summary plan, but certainly will be added on when my service is up and running. I was wrong.

On 7-20-13 around 10pm EST, 4 days after my service with FiOS started, I noticed that HBO channels were not available. I immediately called customer service:

• spoke to 6+ different agents,
  • spent over 3 hours waiting and discussing,
  • got disconnected 2x,
  • was advised that systems were down and to call back next morning,

So I waited until the following morning, 11:30am EST, 7-21-13, to only get the following:

• waited over 8 hours to await for customer service to recover from 'system outtage',
  • spoke to FiOS Solution Center, multiple reps, one of which was (Zach)
  • spoke to Customer Service, multiple reps,
  • spoke to Billings department,
  • spoke to Sales department, (Heather)
  • discovered that my 3 hours spent the night before was wasted, where my case, story and efforts to resolve the issue were never documented properly 
  • explained my case and even offered to e-mail/provide my chat log with the agent,

However, the solution offerered were the following:

• was told that no superviosr of managing power were available to right the wrong,
  • was told that they were incapable of pulling up the chad ID sessions archive to prove my case, 
  • was told that the best they could do is give me discounts to adds or upgrades,
  • was offered to upgrade my plan to a more expensive (Ultimate HD) plan ($40 more) that includes more premium channels and faster internet speeds,
  • was offered 50% discount to HBO channels,

Finally, I've suspended my efforts via phone to correct the mistake that Verizon FiOS made. I now turn to this community and its managers and hope that there is still some good quality representatives that would listen and help me with my plea. I am not a selfish or greedy customer, I just want what is fair and agreed upon. Below is a chat log that I've saved as reference to show that conversation I had with the live-chat agent before my subscription to VZ FiOS. Since customer service weren't able to pull up this record, I've taken the liberty to provide it for all of you to see below:

{edited for privacy}

Re: *COMPLAINT* Online Chat Rep confirmed bundle-plan (HBO), but, customer service does not honor!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mrwma237,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: *COMPLAINT* Online Chat Rep confirmed bundle-plan (HBO), but, customer service does not honor!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mrwma237,

We have not heard from you regarding your case and our team is going to close it due to no response. We were able to get your issue escalated to a representative who resolved the problem. Please let us know if there is anything more we could do to help you.

Thank you,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes