CW Channel 503 Guide Hour Behind
brown85

I just noticed that Gossip Girl was scheduled to record on the CW (503) at 10pm, which didn't seem right. I double checked and the guide is an hour off. The SD channel (3) is correct but the HD channel is wrong.

Anyone know what's going on here? I just made mine record the show that is listed as coming on at 9pm instead.

0 Likes
Re: CW Channel 503 Guide Hour Behind
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey brown85, the guide issue is control by TV Guide and in the future if there is conflicting information you can check TvGuide.com to verify your show viewing.

0 Likes
Re: CW Channel 503 Guide Hour Behind
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@VZ_Ron wrote:

Hey brown85, the guide issue is control by TV Guide and in the future if there is conflicting information you can check TvGuide.com to verify your show viewing.

Ron -

I believe you are in error.  The Tv Guide logo is only there on screen as a copyright requirement for on screen guides.  Unless there has been a recent change Verizon's guide information is provided by a company called FYI, not TV Guide.  Their (FYI's) track record for accuracy is medicore at best and often just plain wrong.  This cuases much grief for DVR scheduling unless one corrects it by doing a manual recording (like an old VCR).

Search and you will find numerous cases of complaints about the accuracy of the guide.