Calling FCC!!! Annoying Advertising & Commercials
judys1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Am I crazy, but are there more and more commerical breaks in shows?  An hour show now-a-day consists of almost 50/50 advertising and show.  This is what we are paying for.  Ridiculous!  I upgraded to Quantum so I can record EVERY show and zoom through the "WAY TOO LONG COMMERCIAL BREAKS"  and now I am noticing more and more advertisment pop-ups on the show itself....lower right corner, lower left corner and in the middle.  To top that off, they are annimated! ...and getting "bigger".   I am thinking of cancelling TV all together as one can't win for losing, so to speak.  Reading a good book is more peaceful, focusing AND entertaining.  Oh, I have seen a commercial break that wasn't long enough....so it was played twice in a row in the same break.  THAT is really the cincher!  I don't know who regulates excessive commercials, but it probably all starts with a Federal Government agency  who makes laws and then doesn't enforce them. 

0 Likes
Re: Calling FCC!!! Annoying Advertising & Commercials
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The cable companies, Verizon included, have nothing to do with the ratio content to commercials.  That's entirely up to the TV channel itself.  Premium channels have fewer commercials while the non-network broadcast channels have the most.

A DVR is an excellent way to avoid commercials and watch what you want when you want.

Video On Demand is helpful as well, although many VOD content has commercials that can't be skipped.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
woodsideroad
Enthusiast - Level 1

The FCC will not help, so don't even bother. That is why the DVR was invented. Usually, a 30 minute show is 23 mins long and an hour show is 47 mins long. If you do notice that there are more commercials in shows that air at 10:00 PM.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

A channel can run nothing but commercials is they please.

Government doesn't control content.

Biggest way to vote is to either quit watching that channel or contact the channel via social media and express your displeasure at teh amount of commercials they show.

0 Likes