Can Add movie packages via web but have to call to cancel?
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have all the movie packages except EPIX. I wanted to add EPIX and delete the HBO/MAX one. However, once I found where I could add/change my movie packages online -- all I really could do was add EPIX. I searched and searched like a mouse in a  maze only to have a customer service rep tell me in chat I have to call on the phone to remove packages.

So, I can add movie channels and sports channels via the web--  but have to phone  to remove services?  Does Verizon not understand how non-friendly this is? There isn't even a notice  in the add/change service section stating you must call, or list a number to call, to remove movie programming.

Am I not loking in the right spot or did the customer rep get it wrong too?  Regardless -- I'm so frustrated now I'll call and cancel every movie channel I have now.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can Add movie packages via web but have to call to cancel?
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm the OP and I can cancel online now, at least where i live. At that time, however, one could only add -- not cancel movies channel products online. More functionality is being added to the website all the time, but I do still feel like a rat in a maze at times. Despite that, I actually have found the forums more helpful than both calling and live chat.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

After 15-20 minutes on the phone I got them cancelled and got EPIX. The rep was helpful and nice, but I'd rather do it online as it's quicker. Plus, I can avoid the soft-sell of wireless, virus, backup, wire protection and other products I'd order online if I wanted them. I just wanted to cancel the movies. Verizon - your products are second to none but please add the deletion of movie packages and services onto the web.

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

That's standard operating procedure for any service like this. Companies make it as easy as possible to buy or subscribe to services, and as hard as possible to return or drop them. You won't find a cable or satellite company in America that behaves any differently.

0 Likes
jss9669
Contributor - Level 1

Actually DirecTV allows customers to drop premium channels online.  If they can do it, there's no reason why Verizon can't.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Do you really think they are going to make it easy to drop a movie package. No they want to convince you that you really need those channels.

Hint. Verizon bills for the up coming month. So if you cancel and they put it on your next bill, be sure to call billing and ask if they are nuts, or just think everyone is ignorant. I had them fix this when it showed up and it took three months when I dropped the Movies package a couple of years ago. It kept showing unpaid and I said yes because why should I pay for the up coming month, when I don't have the channels. It is amazing what companies try.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I just went thru this and had a completely different experience.   Have Ultimate w/Epix and had a free 3-month HBO/Max trial.   At the end of the trial period (two days before it ended), I went online and went thru the order process just like you do to add service and simply unchecked the HBO/Max box and continued thru to the end and checked out.

Service stopped.  Bill was a bit out of whack as it charged for the month even though I cancelled it, but the following month it credited it back to the bill for the cancellation so it balanced out in the end (because Verizon bills in advance for services it takes two cycles for everything to straighten itelf out).   No phone calls needed.   No hassles.

So, not sure why the OP couldn't do exactly the same thing.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@lasagna wrote:

I just went thru this and had a completely different experience.   Have Ultimate w/Epix and had a free 3-month HBO/Max trial.   At the end of the trial period (two days before it ended), I went online and went thru the order process just like you do to add service and simply unchecked the HBO/Max box and continued thru to the end and checked out.

Service stopped.  Bill was a bit out of whack as it charged for the month even though I cancelled it, but the following month it credited it back to the bill for the cancellation so it balanced out in the end (because Verizon bills in advance for services it takes two cycles for everything to straighten itelf out).   No phone calls needed.   No hassles.

So, not sure why the OP couldn't do exactly the same thing.

Strange. Perhaps the New My Verizon works. Perhaps the OP is still on the old My Verizon. Or it could be just like when you talk to a CSR, you get a different answer each time.

0 Likes
kili1

Disagree. Direct tv made me call to cancel HBO.

0 Likes
MarkG
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm the OP and I can cancel online now, at least where i live. At that time, however, one could only add -- not cancel movies channel products online. More functionality is being added to the website all the time, but I do still feel like a rat in a maze at times. Despite that, I actually have found the forums more helpful than both calling and live chat.

0 Likes