Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Can I remove the multi-room DVR function?

mcb01
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Can I remove the multi-room DVR function?

Message 1 of 5
(2,022 Views)

I have a multi-room DVR and a regular STB but I find that I don't use the multi-room service very often. Is there something Verizon can do on their side to convert the box to a regular DVR, instead of having to send the DVR back to them and swap it out with another?

4 REPLIES 4
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Can I remove the multi-room DVR function?

Message 2 of 5
(2,010 Views)

@mcb01 wrote:

I have a multi-room DVR and a regular STB but I find that I don't use the multi-room service very often. Is there something Verizon can do on their side to convert the box to a regular DVR, instead of having to send the DVR back to them and swap it out with another?

Yes, you can remove it.  Not sure if you can do it by yourself, or if you need to call them to do.  Saves you $4 a month.

ocean25
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 3 of 5
(2,004 Views)

@tns wrote:

@mcb01 wrote:

Yes, you can remove it.  Not sure if you can do it by yourself, or if you need to call them to do.  Saves you $4 a month.

Only $4 difference?

tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(1,976 Views)

Yes $4 .

On some people bills it shows up as an extra $4.  On others it shows up as $19.99, instead of 15.99 for the DVR.

mariastar56
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 5
(1,937 Views)

MY COST IS 24.99 A MONTH. I KNOW THEY OFFERED ME A 3-6 MONTH DEAL OF A CREDIT CARD OR A FREE DVR, ANYONE GOT THIS OFFER ALSO WHEN THEY FIRST ORDERED?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.