Can I use only Cable Cards and no Fios set top box for TV service?
Silentman
Yes, I have a TiVo premiere and a Fios set top HD box, but I am considering replacing my Fios set top box with another TiVo device. I'm nearing the end of my initial contract as a new subscriber, so I've lost almost all of the new subscriber discounts. My HD box is running $19.99 per month. Even at $3.99 for the cable card, I can buy a new TiVo or get one on eBay with lifetime subscription and within 3 to 4 years or so, will break even. I just wanted to see if anyone has done this before and if it even possible. Thanks.
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use only Cable Cards and no Fios set top box for TV service?
Dittofred

We have gotten rid of the set top box and used the cable card but as you can see from my post (about 4 before yours), we are now having problems getting the MLB package that we paid for.  We have been told that we have to switch out our set top box (that we don't have).  We watched games for about 3 weeks with no problems then all of a sudden, it stopped (but the payments didn't).  I can't get any reasonable customer service person to give me a credible reason why so I am going to switch to Bright House.  We love our TIVO and it is well worth getting rid of the set top box - it will pay for itself in two years!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dittofred,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal. 

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Dittofred

We sent a few private messages to try and get this issue investigated. We had to close out the case due to no response. If you have further questions, please let us know. Thank you.

- Jon

0 Likes