Can Someone From Verizon Elaborate On What Is Happening With ESPN Classic?
bushleaguer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the Extreme HD package and got an e-mail today stating that on or around May 6th ESPN Classic is being removed from Extreme HD in order to "consolidate FIOS TV programming."

Does this mean that ESPN Classic is being removed entirely? Is it being moved to a different TV package? Is it moving to a new or existing sports bundle that has to be purchased separately?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Have a nice day.

Re: Can Someone From Verizon Elaborate On What Is Happening With ESPN Classic?
pzimmer7778
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got the same email. It doesn;t say they are going away. I am sure it means they are moving to the sports pack or to the highest tier. When they say consolidate that is code for moving it higher so you can be charged more. Most likely you can thank ABC for this since they probably charge more than it's worth.

Celt1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

Backwards, backwards, backwards. Always taking away, but never giving. Glad to see Verizon is joining the ranks of the other cable operators. What was once new, fresh, and ideal, is now nothing more than another nutcracker cable company, squeezing as much out of its customers as possible.

The shame is that I fell for it, and now, as I get phone calls from people whom I converted who are seeing these emails about ESPN Classic, I'm the one with egg on my face. Thanks for nothing Verizon.

Cb800
Enthusiast - Level 1
Sounds like they are eliminating the channel. This is getting too much, again taking away and to giving moe. Had this same problem with comcast. What to do now?
heffernan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing is mentioned in the email that those two channels are moving to a different package. If they are, Verizon should clearly state that in the email. We all need to make sure our voices are heard by Verizon. Phone calls, emails, posts, and especially via Twitter. Twitter is one of the best ways to communicate, since many companies monitor it extensively. Those are two channels I enjoy watching, and for what we pay, I don't want them removed.

brianrota
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does mean I can get out of my commitment since they are changing the terms?

pzimmer7778
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its been my experience though when they get rid of a channel, they say they are getting rid of it. Not that it will no longer be available on your tier. It's probably going to Ultimate and/or Sports Pack. Still sucks. But yes, it would be nice if they were a little more specific. Plus, I really can't imagine ABC letting them drop the channels. That's never been their style. They force everything down your throat except maybe Longhorn Network for now and if you don't agree they won't renew any of it with you. Plus, not for nothing I can't see even Verizon just dropping the Goal Line/Buzzer Beater channel.

LazyIke1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a poor business practice. The only way to deal with it is to cut them off and go to Direct TV or DISH> 

HokieDave
Contributor - Level 2

I pay Verizon a lot of money and the one and only thing I really care about seeing on TV is sports.  I didn't get to see the PAC 12 network this season.  You don't have the CBS Sports Network in HD.  Now you're taking away ESPN Goal Line.  Your value proposition is disappearing.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

According to THIS THREAD (over at DSLReports) it is being moved to the Ultimate tier and will be MPEG4.  Supposedly this puts all MPEG4 channels on the Ultimate tier so VZ can continue to install antiquated 6xxx boxes for any lower tiers.

Don't know if that is true or not, just summarizing what is in the thread.

0 Likes