Can any Verizon Rep confirm that CBS Sports Network is now part of ExtremeHD?
bohratom
Contributor - Level 1

It seems that CBS Sports Network has now been added to the ExtremeHD package but I've yet to find any official word from Verizon. There is a thread at DSL Reports that confirms ExtremeHD customers can now receive channel 94 and PrimeHD cannot so that rules out any Free Preview. Would be nice for Verizon to be the first to notifiy their PAYING customers about channel changes, like the Tennis Channel last year, but it seems it's always after the fact.

Any Verizon Rep care to comment?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can any Verizon Rep confirm that CBS Sports Network is now part of ExtremeHD?
Justin46
Legend

Been available for me in VHO 1 for the past week or so that I am aware of. No message on STBs.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

View solution in original post

Re: Can any Verizon Rep confirm that CBS Sports Network is now part of ExtremeHD?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon reps will not comment on such things here.

This is peer to peer.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

It is not part of Extreme HD in my area (Southern California).  You can check your area at http://www.verizon.com/home/fiostv/#plans-channels

0 Likes
bohratom
Contributor - Level 1

DSL Reports has a good thread on this topic and it does seem the CBS Sports Network has been added to the ExtremeHD package but Verizon has not updated their online channel list to include it. As I stated earlier we had this same issue last year when the Tennis Channel was added to ExtremeHD. I was hoping a Verizon Rep that monitors these forums would confirm it.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29232772-Is-CBS-Sports-Network-a-Freeview-if-not-do-PrimeHD-have-ac...

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They will never confirm it until a formal announcement is made.  They are not allowed to.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Not available for me in VHO8 (Philly region) in the Extreme HD package - comes up as having to subscribe to the sports package.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Been available for me in VHO 1 for the past week or so that I am aware of. No message on STBs.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

bohratom
Contributor - Level 1

Just an update, I guess I am the first one to CONFIRM that CBS Sports Network is now part of ExtremeHD. Pretty sad that is the person that started the thread to confirm it. BTW the Verizon online channel listings show it is now part of ExtremeHD. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bohratom wrote:

Just an update, I guess I am the first one to CONFIRM that CBS Sports Network is now part of ExtremeHD. Pretty sad that is the person that started the thread to confirm it. BTW the Verizon online channel listings show it is now part of ExtremeHD. 

No Justin posted well before that he had it and he lists himself as having extreme.  AND REMEMBER THIS IS ALL PEER TO PEER.

0 Likes
bohratom
Contributor - Level 1

Justin is not an employee of Verizon so my comment stands that Verizon could not confirm the channel was added...

0 Likes