Re: Can't login to HBO GO
trapdorrs

How can I view my primary account?  When I login to my account I only see the sub-account.  Where can I find the primary account so that I can register it on HBO Go?

0 Likes
michellesings11

I can't either!!! I'm so frustrated because I wasted the whole evening trying to figure it out.

Basically, we'll have to wait and call them between their normal call times.  VZ Agent

was useless to me.

In my case,  I went to hbogo.com, then I clicked Verizon Fios as my carrier.  Then my page went right

to "signing in'...to my knowledge it's still trying to sign in. Tried everything.... 🙂

If I find out something tomorrow I'll letcha know.  Good .luck

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

Unbelievable!  I was able to login to HBO GO and watch about two weeks ago, but now, it's saying I have to subscribe to HBO, which I already have. Why can't V* deliver reliable web content?  The only thing you can rely on is that more often than not, their web content will not work.  I am really fed up with this! And of course, they won't display system issues on their mainsite, you have to search for it.  WHY do we put up with this???

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Was your login changed for the My Verizon 2.0 upgrade? This may be causing issues if your user name has changed at Verizon Central and or My Verizon.

Read this thread and it may shed some light on the problems.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/HBO-Go-and-other-FTVOnline-services-not-wo...

0 Likes
Sleverus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was able to create a login and use hbogo.com a few weeks ago.  Just tried again, first time since, and it is telling me I need to subscribe to hbo.  Been an hbo subscriber forever.  Have the most extensive movie and sports packages available.  I'm sure the well-intentioned person who asks if the upgrade changed your password truly wants to help.  Of course, in order to help, one must be able to comprehend the problem.  hbogo.com is not saying my user name and pw are incorrect, it is saying i don't subscribe to hbo.

of course, hbo is to blame, not verizon, unless you ask hbo, then it's verizon's fault. 

why do we put up w/ it?  because verizon thinks that a 49% customer satisfaction rating is something to brag about.  and i guess it is when comcast is less than half that.  i can't switch to direct tv because I have to have comcast sportsnet.  Just have to.  I hate verizon for all of these problems, and the fact they want me to pay extra for NFL Redzone.  The alternative?  I have to wait until my bundle contract is up and decide if I want to switch from a provider I absolutely hate to one I completely loathe.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Sleverus wrote:

I was able to create a login and use hbogo.com a few weeks ago.  Just tried again, first time since, and it is telling me I need to subscribe to hbo.  Been an hbo subscriber forever.  Have the most extensive movie and sports packages available.  I'm sure the well-intentioned person who asks if the upgrade changed your password truly wants to help.  Of course, in order to help, one must be able to comprehend the problem.  hbogo.com is not saying my user name and pw are incorrect, it is saying i don't subscribe to hbo.

of course, hbo is to blame, not verizon, unless you ask hbo, then it's verizon's fault. 

why do we put up w/ it?  because verizon thinks that a 49% customer satisfaction rating is something to brag about.  and i guess it is when comcast is less than half that.  i can't switch to direct tv because I have to have comcast sportsnet.  Just have to.  I hate verizon for all of these problems, and the fact they want me to pay extra for NFL Redzone.  The alternative?  I have to wait until my bundle contract is up and decide if I want to switch from a provider I absolutely hate to one I completely loathe.

It was not the password but the user name on the account. So when you attempt to log in it may not let you. Anything that used the verzion.com user name and not the verizon.net user name, may no longer work. So if your http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/ account was using say bob. and your verizon.net user name for your Email was UserLastname. You verizon.com was changed to User Lastname. I had the same issue where my forums.verizon.com login was my lastname and it match MYVerizon account. Well when MYVerizon 2.0 upgraded and changed  my account name to match my primary verizon.net email account name of prisaz it said no you can not log in.

I wonder what happens when, and how easy it is to fix a database that has a few million accounts?

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

prisaz is right.  it appears the botched merger of the v*.net and v*.com accounts is causing account info not to be recognized.  But V* is a large enterprise.  This type of change should have been validated before migrating to production.  I would have lost my job if my team made such an egregios error.  However, it seems V* attitutude is, make system changes, who cares how it impacts the customer base?

I think a previous poster summed up the situation quite accurately, there's really not much choice out there in the marketplace as the cable companies are no better.  I can't get the D* HD signal, if I could, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

0 Likes
Sleverus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not use verizon mail, don't have a verizon email address. I never use provider related email addresses so when I do finally get my chance to change I am not going through all that nonsense of changing my email address.  my login is for account management only (pay, check usage, make sure they didn't over charge me as they did for months on end last year, etc...).

It is not saying I do not have a verizon account, it is saying i do not subscribe to hbo.  if it can recognize i am a verizon customer, how is it missing my hbo subscription?

Sorry, I am incapabable and unwilling to feel sorry for verizon for rushing into changes they are ill-equipped to handle (hbogo.com, needing to fix database with "millions of accounts" requiring fixes and updates, media manager, troubleshooting technical problems, providing tech support, etc).  I will say this: Verizon can buy my sympathy until the middle of February by providing Redzone for no additional cost.  Charging more for that when I have the full sports package is just greedy.

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

SLeverus,

Like you, I don't use my verizon e-mail.  However, if you've never used HBO Go before, you probably will need V* to set the flag on your account for HBO GO.  The msg you are seeing is not really accurate.  As prisaz pointed out in a previous post, V* decided to merge their .net accounts with their .com accounts.  This process hosed up subscribers abilities to access the online content with the .com accounts.

If you're using an e-mail client, like Outlook or Thunderbird, check your SMTP settings.  If you're using the V* SMTP, you should be able to use the user name (without the '@verizon.net') there for HBO Go.  Otherwise, you have to deal with V* support.

I'm able to use my V*.net account for HBO Go for now, but I'm sure at some point, I'm going to have to get my V*.com account fixed.

0 Likes
Sleverus
Enthusiast - Level 3
OMG. It is as though I speak one language and those offering suggestions as to why verizon can't handle their projects and features speak another.

I did use hbogo int he past. It worked a few weeks ago. Tried it since verizon did their "update" and it works no more. So now I have to ser up a v email address and new pw? How long until verizon does something to screw that up? At least if I do this I'll have a **bleep** email account I can use for all those one off logins.
0 Likes