Re: Can't login to HBO GO
glamchic99

i posted back in july and still can't access hbo go. i can access max go just fine. i've contacted verizon twice still with no resolution.

0 Likes
watyeag

I was having this same issue until about 5 mins ago.

I actually got a fantastic rep on the live chat. He noted that I was not logging in with my primary user id (which I had no idea what it was and had never even used). Once he verified my info, he gave me the primary user id and a temp password, as soon as I logged into Verizon with the temp password it made me change it. I immediately went to HBO Go to try to login with the new user id and password and I was able to get in with no problems.

If you are getting the message that you are not subscribed to HBO when you try to login, contact Verizon and ask them if you are using your primary login id or not.

0 Likes
apffpa

Running VZ_Activation fixed it.  The FIOS guys either didn't run it or ran it wrong, yet I had service on internet and cable.

It cost me 3 hours including 40 min with tech support accesing my computer for them to come up with this.

0 Likes
btubes

You also need a VERIZON.NET account...i had a verizon.com account, but did not have an activated verizon.net account.  Make sure to do this, and hopefully this will solve a lot of people's problems.  VERIZON.COM and VERIZON.NET are two separate things, but they will link tgether, and the VERIZON.NET account is the HBOGO uses. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

From my experience, the issue comes from the user id.  Most people that have this problem had a VZ username prior to setting up their FiOS TV service and they are trying to use that username, without having done the activation via the website with their order number.

So if that sounds like it might be you, then go to http://activate.verizon.net and use your order number and zip code to complete the activation OR you can use your generic vze user id that verizon establishes for you when you sign up for TV and Internet through fios, OR you "should" be able to do it with your email address, and then you should be able to use your FiOS TV Online services.

Please try it and report back if it's still giving you an issue.

0 Likes
Jeffmiller1
Having the same problem...don't understand why i can't log on to hbogo . I have a verizon acct. really do not want to spend most of tomorrow morning on the phone with Verizon. I know a couple of folks that have Comcast and the have no problems hooking up to their premium channels. Currently using iPad 2 though that shouldn't make any difference , right ?
0 Likes
Joeheadjr
Same problem here. Pain in the butt. How did U get it resolved?
0 Likes
ralphecakes77

Same problem here! I was using it fine until about a week ago it told me to subscribe.

The only thing that changed is I signed up to move our services to our new place on July 30th. but it still includes HBO.  

I can't figure it out or find any answers.  

0 Likes
JasonBo
This worked perfectly. I also used the full Verizon.net email address that I was given after activating my account to login to HBO go!
0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

which method worked perfectly for you?   Mine worked for me,   also Message 10 of this thread seemed to do something similiar and it worked for him too,   Click the link and try both suggestions if you are still having trouble.  

0 Likes