Cannot play back DVR'd shows on any of STB units as of 06/25, DVR itself is OK
meknjinear
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using (3) QIP2500 STB's with a QIP7216 DVR for a year now.  As of 06/25, when I attempt to watch a DVR'd show on any of the STB's, after I hit the final "OK", all I get is the info bar at the bottom of the TV screen with the DVR'd program channel and name, it does not start playing, then after a few seconds, the screen goes completely black, eventually reverting to the last menu of the DVR controls where I selected the recorded program.  It's acting like there is a blank recording being sent from the DVR to the STB after the last "OK" is pressed, and the screen reverts to the last command prompt.  If I try watching a recording from the DVR itself, all is normal, recorded programs can be watched, so the DVR is capable of playback, just not able to send a playback thru one of the STB's.

I unplugged one of the STB's overnight to see if a hard reboot would fix things.  No change.

Have the code monkeys doing programming at Verizon issued a new release and effed-up the ability to play back thru STB's?  I just checked the DVR, and I'm still on IMG1.8, contrary to all the notices that I get from Verizon that I can now add an eSATA drive to the DVR (requires IMG1.9, according to Verizon).

0 Likes
Re: Cannot play back DVR'd shows on any of STB units as of 06/25, DVR itself is OK
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry you're having trouble playing recordings using your Multi-room DVR.  We can assist, I've sent you a Private Message.  Please respond when you have a chance.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Cannot play back DVR'd shows on any of STB units as of 06/25, DVR itself is OK
meknjinear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue resolved by searching through posts about similar issues, found suggestion to unplug Router, DVR, and STB's and reboot in that order, letting each fully initialize before moving to the next.  Full functionality restored.

0 Likes