Cartoon Network On Demand
larryc

I just had Fios TV installed in NNJ, and for the most part, I really like it.  However, my son gave me the first complaint:  There's no Cartoon Network On-Demand (which we had with Comcast). I was surprised, but checked the Ondemand listings, and could not find anything from Cartoon network.

Is this just a NJ thing?  Any idea if it will be added in the future?

0 Likes
Re: Cartoon Network On Demand
BlurryEyed

My guess is that FiOS TV won't be offering Cartoon Network On-Demand. Cartoon Network is part of the Turner Broadcasting System, and none of the Turner stations -- CNN, TNT, TBS, TCM, Boomerang -- have On-Demand availability on FiOS. All of these stations do have an extensive On-Demand library on Time Warner Cable. Since Turner is now owned by Time Warner, I assume its a licensing issue. 

0 Likes
larryc
Hmm,  your idea makes some sense, but I had all those Turner channels On-demand when I had Comcast cable tv.  Don't see why Verizon shouldn't be able to get them, especially since Time Warner Cable doesn't even serve this area.
0 Likes
BlurryEyed

You're right, larryc. I'm sure that Turner channels On-Demand are not exclusive to only Time Warner Cable. But it appears that Verizon FiOS does not have an agreement with Turner to offer their On-Demand channels.

0 Likes
larryc
Well, according tomy son, Cartoon Network on demand is now available!  (We're in north NJ)
0 Likes
BlurryEyed

Happily, Verizon FiOS apparently has commenced an agreement with Turner Broadcasting to include their stations in FiOS On Demand. In the past week, the following Turner networks have been added to FiOS On Demand: Cartoon Network, Boomerang, TCM, TNT, TBS, and CNN. Thank you, Verizon FiOS!

0 Likes