Channel Bundle
langdal

At one time I had the Ovation channel (Extreme Bundle) and lost the Hallmark Movie Channel (Preferred Bundle) .  I was on the phone for almost 2 hours trying to get service for both channels. I was told there was no way this could be done w/o the Ultimate bundle.  Since I watch Hallmark Movie channel more I opted for the Preferred package.   I would pay for the single channel but there is no way Verizon will allow this.  I do not want to upgrade to the Ultimate package because I do not want to pay the money for all the extra channnels I do not care for.  I have been a triple pay customer since 2007.  I am increasingly becoming unhappy with Verizon.  It seem to me that there should be a way to add on or two extra channels to a bundle (for pay).   

0 Likes
Re: Channel Bundle
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

THose channels have moved several times.  For years only being available in Ultimate, before they were added, briefly, to other packages.

With the general problems the entire industry is having with rising costs and lower cable/phone/satellite customer numbers, they and others will likely keep cutting some channels from some or all packages.

0 Likes
Re: Channel Bundle
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you are asking for is a la carte.

Content providers won't allow it.

Verizon gets billed for channels (except premiums) based on the number of subscribers to the packages that contain the channel in question.

Doesn't matter how many people want/watch the channel (which is why channels get dropped or moved as Verizon sees that the number of viewers doesn't justify the cost of the channel).

So they have no mechanism to enable specific channels per subscriber and then pay content provider.

0 Likes