Channel Lineup Change
FIOS_in_Ashburn
Does anyone know if programs that were set to tape on the current channel lineup will still tape when the channel lineup changes and the channel numbers change as well?
0 Likes
Re: Channel Lineup Change
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
We went through realignment a few weeks ago without a hitch. All of the fall programs have been recorded, and as I look ahead, all of my scheduled series recordings are in order. I didn't have anything scheduled on the actual day of the realignment. If you do, you might want to watch to be sure that the channel number is what it should be, just in case you have something important scheduled to record. Other than that, you should be just fine.  
0 Likes
Dorigurl

When does this new line-up go into effect?  I received my guides in the mail but I've mis-placed the letter that came with them.....  Also I couldn't seem to find the same information online.

Thanks in advance or the help!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Dorigurl,

Have you looked on your TV at the Messages folder to see if there is anything there? I have received a phone call, letter in the mail with the new printed channel lineup, and a message on the STB giving the details. If you haven't checked, just hit the Menu button and if there is a little piece of paper sticking up from the Message Center box you have one or more messages, go there and look (don't depend on the Message light on the STB, Verizon does not use it).

Also, you can go to this website: https://www98.verizon.com/content/fiostv/channel+lineup/channel+lineup.htm, scroll down on the page and look for your area in the list of PDFs in the lower right of the page.If you haven't gotten the new channel lineup yet, your area should be in the second part of the list with an effective date beside it.

Hope this helps.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes
steveg11
The information in that link is not updated.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

steveg11,

Please notice the date on my post - back in Sept. At that time there were PDFs for various areas of the country with anticipated dates for the channel realignment. Since that time, Veriozn has removed the PDFs, then briefly added them back, and now apparently removed them again. I don't know why, or exactly when, or what they plan to do later today, or tomorrow, or next week, but at the time I posted that the channel lineups in the PDFs were accurate (as far as I know, they were for me). 

I got the channel realignment this week, and I received 4 copies of the new channel layout in the mail well before the actual change. I would hope that other areas have or will experience the same.

By the way, I would be happy to go back and edit that post, but you cannot do that after a very short period of time has elapsed.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 10-08-2008 04:00 PM
0 Likes