Channel Request - Central PA
JFE5975

Has anybody requested a channel added to their line-up, and if so, where did you make that request?

I'd like to request Fox Sports Network Pittsburgh for the Central PA market.  As a Pirates fan, I'd like to see their games.  MLB Ticket is not an option, since they black-out the Pirates games (even more of a reason to provide the channel in this market, so there is no ability to see the games at all).  Additionally, this is a huge Steelers market, and the Steelers coverage on FSN Pbg. would be appreciated.  Penguins coverage as well, with their recent success. 

0 Likes
Re: Channel Request - Central PA
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@JFE5975 wrote:

Has anybody requested a channel added to their line-up, and if so, where did you make that request?

I'd like to request Fox Sports Network Pittsburgh for the Central PA market.  As a Pirates fan, I'd like to see their games.  MLB Ticket is not an option, since they black-out the Pirates games (even more of a reason to provide the channel in this market, so there is no ability to see the games at all).  Additionally, this is a huge Steelers market, and the Steelers coverage on FSN Pbg. would be appreciated.  Penguins coverage as well, with their recent success. 

Right now Verizon doesnt have the option or ordering individual channels. but in your case it wouldnt do you any good to start with, not with the blackout games anyway. Blackout games are done by area not channel so even if you did somehow get that channel to your area, you would still get blackout. Blackouts are done by the MLB not by the channel.
Message Edited by spacedebris on 06-30-2009 12:18 PM
0 Likes
Coming 7/20
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

VZ Mark over on DSL Reports mentioned yesterday that FSN-Pitt will be added to the Harrisburg area lineup on 7/20.

SD on 78

HD on 578 

0 Likes
Re: Coming 7/20
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to confirm this, but if accurate, that would be great news. 

Between the continued addition of HD channels, and little things like this, I am very happy to have made the switch from Comcrap to Verizon.

0 Likes