Chapter view thumbnails not showing.
frolicnj

I'm having difficulty getting any Chapter view thumbnail to display.  Always says "Thumbnail Not Available".  

Is this a feature that just does not work at this time?

Regards,

Don 

0 Likes
Re: Chapter view thumbnails not showing.
Justin46
Legend

@frolicnj wrote:

I'm having difficulty getting any Chapter view thumbnail to display.  Always says "Thumbnail Not Available".  

Is this a feature that just does not work at this time?

Regards,

Don 

Where are you located? I know that some weeks ago people in CA were seeing that, but where I am (North Texas) most of the recordings do seem to show the thumbnails. Not all, but most.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
frolicnj

Hi MJustin,

I'm in New Jersey.

Don

0 Likes
fishndude

I am having the same problem in MD.  I called Verizon FIOS suppost and the sent me a new DVR STB and it did not fix the problem

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@fishndude wrote:

I am having the same problem in MD.  I called Verizon FIOS suppost and the sent me a new DVR STB and it did not fix the problem

There is nothing broken in your DVR, the problem is apparently in the Verizon site that provides the TV signals to your area .At least that is what I have been told.

As I said in my earlier response in this thread, here in North Texas (DAC 1, VHO 1) the thumbnails are pretty much always present. I just checked two of my most recent recordings and sure enough, the chapters thumbnails are there. And for me at least I find the thumbnails very useful.

Keep in mind that the chaptering function still works even if the thumbnails don't appear, the time indicators are accurate as far as I can tell so they can still be used to skip through the recording, it is just somewhat more difficult to decide where you want to be.

OK, one in NJ the other in MD. And I know that some time back someone from CA wasn't seeing them. Anybody else want to chime in with their locations where the thumbnails are not available?

I will try to get some Verizon attention to this issue.

Edit: I have pointed Verizon support to this thread to see if we can get some help. Also I see that Mark has chimed in also from MD as another user that sees only the blank chapters, no thumbnails.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I am in MD and have just ignored the issue. Running on the Cisco 435, and the chapters are there with blank boxes. It does help skip the FF when the box locks up durring a DVR playback. But then you must estimate where you were, and go back and forth. So it is a trade off. Oh yea the lockup power off and on takes you to the start, not like when you are viewing buffered content durring a pause. Perhaps the bug board will become more active once this holiday stuff is over.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not location based or equipment based because we have been able to reproduce it here. Please record a show on channel 183 and let me know if you see the thumbnails there.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

Does that mean it only works on channel 183???

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

This is not location based or equipment based because we have been able to reproduce it here. Please record a show on channel 183 and let me know if you see the thumbnails there.

Since I have posted in this thread and said I generally do have the thumbnails available I thought I would also respond here.

In North Texas (VHO 1) I recorded truTV (183) last night and yes, I do have chapters with thumbnails on the recording.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

No, I was seeing if its happening on a channel basis for you or if its something else.

0 Likes