×

Switch Account

Cleaning up the Channel Guide

Cleaning up the Channel Guide

Reply
Copper Contributor ToniM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎01-11-2014
Message 1 of 9
(1,926 Views)

Hello, it's me again,

 

Verizon Fios has tons of blank channels you have to scroll throw when going threw the programming guide.  Is there any way to block those empty channels out?

 

Thanks, again.

8 REPLIES 8
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
Message 2 of 9
(1,915 Views)

@ToniM wrote:

Hello, it's me again,

 

Verizon Fios has tons of blank channels you have to scroll throw when going threw the programming guide.  Is there any way to block those empty channels out?

 

Thanks, again.


Sure, simple, just set up and use a Favorites list. Under Settings in the Menu.

 

Based on a quick scan of several recent posts of yours, it apears you are new to FiOS TV. Perhaps the following document will help:

 

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/attachments/vrzn/IMG19/1989/2/FiOS%20TV%20IMG%20Getting%20Started_201...

 

That document was written for the initial release of 1.9 of the IMG but about 95% is still valid, mostly it may not include some new functions that are now available.

 

Hope this helps.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV, 25/25 Internet, and Digital Voice user
QIP7232, QIP7100-P2, IMG 1.9.5
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Copper Contributor ToniM
Copper Contributor
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎01-11-2014
Message 3 of 9
(1,879 Views)

Thank you for your response, Justin. I'll take a look at that.  But, a quick question, if I may.  I know how to set up favorites... sort of.  That's not what I need.  I want to be able to scroll thru the guide, but eliminate the blank channels.

 

Thankks &  day.

 

 

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Posts: 523
Registered: ‎06-24-2010
Message 4 of 9
(1,870 Views)

Curious as to what exactly you mean by "blank channels?"

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Posts: 5,175
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
Message 5 of 9
(1,867 Views)

@ToniM wrote:

Thank you for your response, Justin. I'll take a look at that.  But, a quick question, if I may.  I know how to set up favorites... sort of.  That's not what I need.  I want to be able to scroll thru the guide, but eliminate the blank channels.

 

Thankks &  day.

 

 


I don't know what you mean by "blank channels," but my guess is local PEGs that aren't assigned in your area, maybe premium channels you don't have in your subscription, the stupid VOD channels that Verizon inserts, etc. It doesn't really matter which channels though, if you don't include them in your Favorites list you won't see them, when you channel surf (Channel Up/Channel Down buttons) or scroll through the Guide, IF you set both to use Favorites and not All Channels. In the document I pointed you to I document how to set up using the Favorites button properly. And keep in mind that you can set the surfing channel list to be used separately from the Guide channel list, so you need to make sure you have both set to your Favorites list.

 

Just curious, what level of the IMG do you have?

 

Favorites is the solution to your issue, if you set it up correctly you will not have the problem you are describing.

 

__________________________________
Justin
FiOS TV, 25/25 Internet, and Digital Voice user
QIP7232, QIP7100-P2, IMG 1.9.5
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

Contributor BumblebeeBoy
Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-31-2014
Message 6 of 9
(1,733 Views)

I would like to be able to press the Guide button and see only the channels offered under the FIOS TV Prime HD plan to which I subscribe. (I recently changed my bundle to reduce my bill. I made a personal and economic decision not to pay for a lot of channels — that I never watched anyway — and I don't want to see them listed.)

 

And I don't want to have create a Favorites guide that is essentially the same as the FIOS TV Prime HD channel listing. If this is not currently a possibility, I'm disappointed. Could the programmers at least get to work on this?

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Posts: 523
Registered: ‎06-24-2010
Message 7 of 9
(1,729 Views)

@BumblebeeBoy wrote:

I would like to be able to press the Guide button and see only the channels offered under the FIOS TV Prime HD plan to which I subscribe. (I recently changed my bundle to reduce my bill. I made a personal and economic decision not to pay for a lot of channels — that I never watched anyway — and I don't want to see them listed.)

 

And I don't want to have create a Favorites guide that is essentially the same as the FIOS TV Prime HD channel listing. If this is not currently a possibility, I'm disappointed. Could the programmers at least get to work on this?


Guide--Options--Subscribed Channels

 

Though be aware that it is far from flawless. 

Contributor BumblebeeBoy
Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎01-31-2014
Message 8 of 9
(1,726 Views)
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Posts: 325
Registered: ‎06-13-2010
Message 9 of 9
(1,692 Views)

Only because Verizon wants to shove VOD and upgrade ads down our throuts.  Verizon makes it impossible to remove the ad garbage.  I already know what services I have and what the upgrades cost, I don't need to shown this everytime I click the guide button.  In the guide I want to see what I have already paid for with my monthly service not what Verizon wants to up sell me. 

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.


Browse Categories
Categories:
Posts

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.