Comedy Central HD not working for me, but SD is?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Comedy Central HD not working for me, but SD is?

Message 1 of 4
(3,492 Views)

I noticed this the other day, i am using a Tivo HD with cablecard, and for some reason channel 690 comedy central HD just says searching for signal. But the SD channel 190 works fine, any else seen this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Comedy Central HD not working for me, but SD is?

Message 2 of 4
(3,419 Views)

That usually means that the signal on that channel is not strong enough to give you a pic. First thing to try is to disconnect the coax from the cable card and then reconnect. Sometimes re-seating the cable is all you need. Also make sure that all the coax connections (at the cable card and at the wall/splitter) are tight.

If that fails try swapping out the coax cable. could simply be a bad cable. Yes a bad cable can affect only individual or random channels.

If all else fails you may need to contact tech support to have a tech come out and check the signal strength

====================================================================================

Error exists between keyboard and chair.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(2,317 Views)

its not just you, same sitch here in Richmond, VA.  HD no go, SD works.  No other chanel has a problem.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 4
(1,310 Views)

As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.