Switch Account

Commercials during live game

Commercials during live game

Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 1 of 3
(4,197 Views)

Last night, the Caps - Islanders game was on CSN+, so I could not see it at all. Tonight, during the first period of the game against the Ducks on CSN, a commercial came on during play. First, I was shown a commercial for ordering a movie on demand, then I was treated to a commercial for West Broad Hyundai here in Richmond. I have heard that these things are supposed to happen automatiacally in place of other commercials, but this happened while the puck was in play!

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(4,149 Views)

I have noticed this myself on other channels at various times of day. A Verizon commercial for VOD, or some local commercial, will override what seems to be a national commercial - I often see a just a second or two, sometimes five or more, before cutting to the local commercial. These local commercials then run long, and we rejoin scheduled programming "already in progress". Quite annoying.  Thank you.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 3
(4,142 Views)

@Caps09 wrote:

Last night, the Caps - Islanders game was on CSN+, so I could not see it at all. Tonight, during the first period of the game against the Ducks on CSN, a commercial came on during play. First, I was shown a commercial for ordering a movie on demand, then I was treated to a commercial for West Broad Hyundai here in Richmond. I have heard that these things are supposed to happen automatiacally in place of other commercials, but this happened while the puck was in play!

AFAIK these "local" commercials are inserted automatically by a signal sent (OOB - out of band) from the actual provider.  Sounds like someone at CSN goffed and put out the local signal at the wrong time.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.