Complimentary HBO taken away because I renewed my contract
wacky72469
Enthusiast - Level 2

After searching the forum it seem sI am not the only person who lost the complimentary HBO becasue I renewed my agreement.

I got the e-mail on 9/7 telling me I got HBO for free until the end of the year. A week or so later i renewed my agreemnt but changed my TV plan, a day or so later i went to watch HBO and it was gone.

I called the support # yesterday and the person i spoke took did some checking and said that it seems when i renewed and or changed my TV plan they took the free HBO away. Instead of seeing if there is a way to add it back or for that matter even saying let me see if we can add it back all he kept saying to me was I can give you HBO for 6 months @ $10 month. When I said not thank you he then offered it to me again then after a second no thanks he said he could offer it to me but that he would also give me a $4.99 credit.

I then explained to him once more I changed my TV plan to save money and did not want to pay for HBO but was only calling in to see why they took it away.

So after 10 minutes or so of being offered to pay for the service they gave me for free all he could offer me was hey check back near the end of the year they have beeter deals on the premium channels then. I guess I did not repeat to him enough times that I was not looking to add cost to my plan.

To make things even more annoying last week i got a letter from Verizon again telling me to enjoy my free HBO.

I know it was a free server but it is ridiculous that becasue i decided to renew my agreement and lock in as a lyal customer for 2 more years i lose out on it.

Re: Complimentary HBO taken away because I renewed my contract
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wacky72469,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes