Connecting Panasonic HD TVs to HD Cable box
dacount

I have 2 HD Panasonic TVS. I have tried to connect them to a Verizon 6200 Cable box. This does not have a DVR. When I connect using the HDMI connetion there is no picture or sound. If I connect these TVS to a HD CAble box with multi room DVR they connect.

I have contacted Panasonic and Verizon and have received little help.

0 Likes
Re: Connecting Panasonic HD TVs to HD Cable box
prisaz
Legend

@dacount wrote:

I have 2 HD Panasonic TVS. I have tried to connect them to a Verizon 6200 Cable box. This does not have a DVR. When I connect using the HDMI connetion there is no picture or sound. If I connect these TVS to a HD CAble box with multi room DVR they connect.

I have contacted Panasonic and Verizon and have received little help.

This post belongs in the FiOS TV Technical Assistance board, but I will reply.

Need more information on your setup. What is your DVR box model?

Have you tried the 6200s with component cables? If so do they work?

Are the 6200 doxes connected directly HDMI to the TV?

I have heard of issues with HDMI and QIP-6xxx series boxes, and much has been done to resolve these issues with upgrades and changes to the img software. If you must have HDMI and the DVR is the QIP-7xxx series, you may want to see if you can get the QIP-6200 boxes upgraded. But it may be difficult to get both boxes replaced if component cables work.

0 Likes
dacount

This is a reply. The box is a 6200. I tried component cables and only got audio no video.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@dacount wrote:

This is a reply. The box is a 6200. I tried component cables and only got audio no video.

And you said the DVR worked with HDMI? What model is the DVR?

It could be the 6200 boxes are set to 1080 and the panasonics are max 720. Please provide info on all hardware. Since the 6200 boxes are not working on the Panasonic TVs, do they work anywhere and with what connections?

Model numbers

TVs ?

STB are QIP-6200

DVR ?

0 Likes
dacount

TC-L42D2 "42"" LCD MODEL"

The cable box is a QIP 6200--02

The TV is 1080.

I have connected to the video out and have a picture and sound but it will not work with the composite cables or the HDMI.

Thanks

0 Likes