Re: Constantly changing tv!, Dropping Decades
natom1
Enthusiast - Level 1

KEEP DECADES! START TV is like way too many other channels running the same, tired "procedural" dramas. 3-4 hours of the same show is a bit much. There's not enough variety. DECADES was starting to get to be too redundant-the ED SULLIVAN CLIP SHOW is mundane, unlike the original ED SULLIVAN programs, however, I still like DECADES.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will have to contact the channel owner.

They are the one who is replacing the content.
Verizon has no control.

0 Likes
Decades
louisk1
Enthusiast - Level 1

How could you drop Decades?  Between Dick Cavett, Ed Sullivan, Bob Newhart, there is nothing else like it.  Please bring it back!

Re: Decades
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read my previous post.

0 Likes
trouble12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is Decades no longer available?  The new network has boring shows.  No more weekend binge?  This was a really bad decision.  Fios can get it back if they really wanted to.  We pay a lot of money & aren't able to watch what we want

Decades cable channel
PegC1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone should lobby FIOS to pick up a channel named Decades. You can learn more at decades.com. Great channel! Has all of the Ed Sullivan shows. It is all shows from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

Re: Decades cable channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Issue is that it is not a nationally broadcast channel (like Discovery, HGTV, etc).
It is sold as a sub channel to your local TV broadcast stations.

So you would need to lobby your local TV stations to carry it.
Then they would have to negotiate with Verizon to pick it up.

dukeg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree fios constantly switches or removes channels without considering how their subscribers feel about it. I love the older shows and new ones.

I love the segments through the decades looking back on this day in history some i never heard about when it actually occurred.

I guess I'll reach out directly to the program to see if they have the channel available for streaming and add it to my yahoi firestick and roku and if they require a subscription fee I'll gladly pay it...may kick fios out and go full blown steaming....since FIOS can't give me what I'm paying for.

Re: Changing DECADES for another CBS network?
dukeg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I 100% agree

Re: Changing DECADES for another CBS network?
fredreed
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is why I will be leaving Fios once my current contract expires in 12 months and switching to DirectTV NOW because It's obvious that Verizon doesn't care about what like to watch anymore. I would switch now but I don't believe I can or I would switch to DirectTV NOW. Verizon simply has no respect for us.  They constantly continue to drop channels that we like to watch and frankly I'm just sick of It. But wait they get to raise our cable bill  whenever they feel like to. How is this fair to us?